Anyone had success using Translatepress multilanguage plugin here?

Arnaldo

Hi Alidropship member and Team and @Yaros

Does anyone have success using Translatepress multilanguage plugin here? Seem very promising and cheaper than weglot, only working locally with a frontend editor.
Seems very promising.

@Yaros when we were talking about WPML compatibility (any news on this front?), do you think it could be possible for your team to check the compatibility with their free version when you have some spare time to see if it could work with aliwoo?
You can look and their doc here: https://translatepress.com/docs/translatepress/

That could be really awesome.

Thanks!

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi Alidropship member and Team and @Yaros

Does anyone have success using Translatepress multilanguage plugin here? Seem very promising and cheaper than weglot, only working locally with a frontend editor.
Seems very promising.

@Yaros when we were talking about WPML compatibility (any news on this front?), do you think it could be possible for your team to check the compatibility with their free version when you have some spare time to see if it could work with aliwoo?
You can look and their doc here: https://translatepress.com/docs/translatepress/

That could be really awesome.

Thanks!
Arnaldo, I'm afraid there are some crucial inconsistencies between WPML and AliDropship Woo plugin that can't be eliminated.
Thanks for your input! We'll give it a try and let you know if it works with the plugin.

Arnaldo

Hi there @Yaros, @Victoria Kudryashova @Ekaterina Sayapina

Ok ok... get it you will never do it.... and each time I asked the question it's the same thing, you say "we will consider it" and I always need to come back at you to have a clear answer.

Just say openly: WE WILL NEVER FIND A WAY TO MAKE MULTILINGUAL SITE BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE. Just a simple answer I'll really prefer to hear instead. At least it's clearer.

Hey, I'm cool and patient but it is THE developer's responsibility to address this issue and propose something that works for a multilingual site, not us the users to test this on a live site.

I know that as a company there is much more money to be made by selling to the massive following of new dropship dreamers some easy Alidropship software than to address the more advanced people issue Woo users have. No problem with that. But take that revenue growth to address also these issues and not leave us in the mud every time.

So please, I ask you kindly again, can you find a stable solution, whether its WPLM (i hate WPLM personally) or Translate press (seems promising), or just allow Multisite support to be able to have 2 languages with the same license. And I mean here an onsite solution, please don't talk me about Weglot or any online cloud solutions.

I am a big fan of your software and I supported you.

You have a wonderful piece of software that is underachieved at that moment, really. This has to be addressed, please.

I mean that feature is more "crucial" than adding a color picker that doesn't work (who needs this really? there already more efficient chrome plugins for it).

For Woo users, you can't always hide the fact that most problems are woo related or whatever, I don't count the number of times I had to change strategies because of the lack of information you gave us. I find solutions you even don't document on your site which is not normal at all.

So please support back the users too.

I'm sure you can do something about it, and I ask you kindly to find a solution, please. I'm tired of begging for it.

At least communicate with us directly without waiting for us to come back every time.

Thank you.

jumper

Hi there @Yaros, @Victoria Kudryashova @Ekaterina Sayapina

Ok ok... get it you will never do it.... and each time I asked the question it's the same thing, you say "we will consider it" and I always need to come back at you to have a clear answer.

Just say openly: WE WILL NEVER FIND A WAY TO MAKE MULTILINGUAL SITE BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE. Just a simple answer I'll really prefer to hear instead. At least it's clearer.

Hey, I'm cool and patient but it is THE developer's responsibility to address this issue and propose something that works for a multilingual site, not us the users to test this on a live site.

I know that as a company there is much more money to be made by selling to the massive following of new dropship dreamers some easy Alidropship software than to address the more advanced people issue Woo users have. No problem with that. But take that revenue growth to address also these issues and not leave us in the mud every time.

So please, I ask you kindly again, can you find a stable solution, whether its WPLM (i hate WPLM personally) or Translate press (seems promising), or just allow Multisite support to be able to have 2 languages with the same license. And I mean here an onsite solution, please don't talk me about Weglot or any online cloud solutions.

I am a big fan of your software and I supported you.

You have a wonderful piece of software that is underachieved at that moment, really. This has to be addressed, please.

I mean that feature is more "crucial" than adding a color picker that doesn't work (who needs this really? there already more efficient chrome plugins for it).

For Woo users, you can't always hide the fact that most problems are woo related or whatever, I don't count the number of times I had to change strategies because of the lack of information you gave us. I find solutions you even don't document on your site which is not normal at all.

So please support back the users too.

I'm sure you can do something about it, and I ask you kindly to find a solution, please. I'm tired of begging for it.

At least communicate with us directly without waiting for us to come back every time.

Thank you.

Hey, same thing here.
alidropship does NOT work properly for any language other than English. not to mention RTL. here, I said it.
it has tons of bugs even without the multilingual issue.
I struggled for over a month with this plugin, with countless emails to support with no success.
always the same answer, we are working on it...
such a waste of money and time.

Arnaldo

@Direct Webstore Ok interesting for automatic translation and lightweight solution.

But we are talking about manual accurate translation in a second language only. And also add local SEO for this 2nd country.

I don't know if it's inspiring enough confidence to the customer to have copyrighting description translated in +100 language with inaccurate translation.

Does doing so really increased your sales significantly or not?

If the description is technical only it is ok, but if you do original copyright/ sale pitch description it is really weird to read it through google translate.

duckgoesoink

Oh no I didn't see these threads about WPML before buying the plugin!!

I'm still in the development phase (so haven't activated alidswoo on my production server yet), but this is a deal breaker for me... Does it just not work at all, or is it just painful? Is there documentation anywhere about multilingual websites and the AliDropship plugin?

@Yaros could you please share the development roadmap? Is making the plugin compatible with multilingual websites a company priority for AliDropship (human translation is a priority for my business)? What are the technical constraints holding back compatibility with WPML?

Thank you

duckgoesoink

So please, I ask you kindly again, can you find a stable solution, whether its WPLM (i hate WPLM personally) or Translate press (seems promising), or just allow Multisite support to be able to have 2 languages with the same license.
This please! My business really needs multilingual support (many countries have more than one official language). I would even be willing to help develop the functionality if needed...

Direct Webstore

This please! My business really needs multilingual support
You're making too many demands on an "Off the shelf" plugin. (Alidropship Original) If you want customised setups you just have to use the AliWoo plugin and a paid multi language plugin. (The free versions usually only support 2 languages)

duckgoesoink

I did buy the AliWoo plugin and already have a paid multi language plugin (WPML multi-user lifetime). I'm a web developer so I understand that features take time to develop, and they're prioritised according to demand/resources/etc.

Requiring compatibility with the most popular translation management plugin as a paying user isn't "making too many demands for an off the shelf plugin" – this is a premium plugin.
Most premium plugins play nicely with other premium plugins, or at the least they'll have a compatibility page with known issues.
This plugin is also encrypted (unusual for WordPress plugins, even paid ones), which makes it impossible to debug ourselves, even if we bought the license.

AliDropship support has been in contact with me and refunded my purchase, which I think is acceptable. The official response was:
"I’m sorry, WPML is causing many compatibility issues and we won’t be able to fix this in the near future."
It's unfortunate that the plugin isn't compatible with any human translation management system (paid or free), and won't be soon – but that's a business decision the team made.

So as a note to potential buyers, especially other web developers:
  • This plugin is encrypted: you won't be able to debug anything that isn't working as expected.
  • It's not compatible with the WordPress multisite network feature: the plugin just won't work, and there is no multisite licensing or anything.
  • The plugin doesn't allow the normal developer workflow of local --> staging --> production. You'll have to do everything on production...
  • One license = one domain: if you change the URL afterwards the plugin will stop working and you'll need to ask support to reset the license, so be sure to get everything set up correctly before you install it (SSL, htaccess, etc).
  • The plugin is not officially compatible with any translation management system.
The AliDropship plugin is probably fine for non-developers who only want one shop in one language, or who are willing to maintain for each shop, separate websites for each language (and pay full price for a new license, because there is no discount for multiple licenses).

duckgoesoink

You should post on the Woocommerce forum too ... it's really a Woocommerce issue anyway. You're not getting any answers here. :)

Nope it's an AliDropship issue – WooCommerce works fine with WPML and with AliDropship. AliDropship support replied to me by email, the AliDropship plugins don't (yet) officially work with any translation management plugin.

All the best and hope to see multilingual support in the future! :)

Direct Webstore

AliDropship support replied to me by email, the AliDropship plugins don't (yet) officially work with any translation management plugin.
I think they're talking about the Original plugin. Not the Woo. The Weglot plugin worked OK on one of my Ali/Woo setup when I tried it a while ago ... but it only supported two languages (like most of them) so I gave up on it ... as I target mostly English speaking countries. Get brave, backup your site and start experimenting. It may bear better results than waiting for a solution here. :)

duckgoesoink

I think they're talking about the Original plugin. Not the Woo. The Weglot plugin worked OK on one of my Ali/Woo setup when I tried it a while ago ... but it only supported two languages (like most of them) so I gave up on it ... as I target mostly English speaking countries. Get brave, backup your site and start experimenting. It may bear better results than waiting for a solution here. :)

OK thanks for the feedback, good to know. Maybe it would have worked OK with WPML then, but I didn't want to take the chance on a live site without the official support of AliDropship.

Also it has nothing to do with being brave: I don't have time to waste on experimenting, I develop as a profession. I'm not waiting for a solution here – I asked a question and got a reply, so posted it here for others.