Another newbie full of self doubt!!

CamW

Hi all,

I decided to have a go at the dropshipping business model a few months ago. My progress developing a website has been very slow, 16 month old twin boys a demanding job and a fair amount of travel required for work make it difficult to make progress.

I guess like a lot of newbies I have a lot of self doubt. Can I actually be successful? Am I just wasting my time on a site / product / niche that will never have a chance of being successful? These are the questions circling my head continuously!

I still have a fair amount of work to do before I consider promoting my site. I currently only have about 40 products up, I was thinking I should have at least 200 before I try and drive traffic to the site.

My question for you experienced dropshippers is........ Should I carry on with this site? do you think the look of the site and product pages are any good? any comments on the niche?

What is the next step? how do you recommend promoting this site?

You can view quick stick art by following this link.

Thanks very much in advance.

sam.biz.hu

Hi,

For the beginning, 40 should be fine, check what's selling and what not, add other products related to the ones which are selling and check if the no. of purchases are going up or not.

Checked your webpage, seems fine with a few remarks:
- Neon green, it's killing my eyes, to be honest, and not only mines, I would advise switching to something not so powerful color.
- Picture size could be smaller and once the page is accessed, to see the full sized one. (Idea is to share more content with the customer, and if see something interesting to click on it)
- A lot of non-functional options, like Company, Team, Complain... Let's say I'm a hard customer If I don't know something about your company, why I should buy something from you? Try to complete each field.
- [tsl_map width=”100%” height=”400px” map_controls=”yes” scrollwheel=”no” mobile_draggable=”no”] That appears most of the time on a lot of pages, correction needed.

Overall, I like your webpage, once you're done with these modifications, you should start to push some traffic to see what's the reaction.

Br,
Stefan

CamW

Thanks very much for the reply. I will make the changes you listed.

Any advice on how to drive traffic to the site. Facebook ads?

Thanks

Mar

Hi all,

I decided to have a go at the dropshipping business model a few months ago. My progress developing a website has been very slow, 16 month old twin boys a demanding job and a fair amount of travel required for work make it difficult to make progress.

I guess like a lot of newbies I have a lot of self doubt. Can I actually be successful? Am I just wasting my time on a site / product / niche that will never have a chance of being successful? These are the questions circling my head continuously!

I still have a fair amount of work to do before I consider promoting my site. I currently only have about 40 products up, I was thinking I should have at least 200 before I try and drive traffic to the site.

My question for you experienced dropshippers is........ Should I carry on with this site? do you think the look of the site and product pages are any good? any comments on the niche?

What is the next step? how do you recommend promoting this site?

You can view quick stick art by following this link.

Thanks very much in advance.
You should take time to see designs of successful websites. You will notice their texts are simple but professional, the choice of colors, etc. There is a lot about this in the internet. I'm not saying you follow everything, you have to be unique but you get the ideas. The first thing I notice and I am sure shared by many is the color. Honestly, I never seen a website with this kind of green as the dominant color. If I am the visitor, I would leave at once. Also the text, although the site is about arts, the texts should still be simple and professional.

Also, the categories are many but maybe half of it are empty. Generally, empty categories should be hidden. Even categories with two or three products is not good to see. Definitely you need to add more products before you launch he website. There is a lot to improve.

sam.biz.hu

Thanks, I have changed colors. Is new color acceptable

Oh yeah, now it's much better, I see as also the [tsl_map width=”100%” height=”400px” map_controls=”yes” scrollwheel=”no” mobile_draggable=”no”] does not appear anymore, that's good.

Now, there is one more thing, but maybe the logo could be made static and moved next to the home button.
What do you think?