AliDropship Themes Update

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

DaVinci (current version 0.11.1): https://alidropship.com/themes/davinci/
- Image LazyLoad option (product page speed optimization) can be enabled/disabled in Customization => Single product.

Michelangelo(current version 0.11.1): https://alidropship.com/themes/michelangelo/
- Image LazyLoad option (product page speed optimization) can be enabled/disabled in Customization => Single product.

Rembrandt (current version 3.6.1): https://alidropship.com/themes/rembrandt/

With Image LazyLoad option enabled on your website, images load as your visitor scrolls down Single product page. To put it simply, images placed at the bottom of the page won't be loaded if your customer doesn't scroll all the way down. Since images make up the biggest part of Single product page, that's a great way to optimize its loading speed.

LazyLoad.jpg

Mar

DaVinci (current version 0.11.1): https://alidropship.com/themes/davinci/

Michelangelo(current version 0.11.1): https://alidropship.com/themes/michelangelo/

Rembrandt (current version 3.6.1): https://alidropship.com/themes/rembrandt/

With Image LazyLoad option enabled on your website, images load as your visitor scrolls down Single product page. To put it simply, images placed at the bottom of the page won't be loaded if your customer doesn't scroll all the way down. Since images make up the biggest part of Single product page, that's a great way to optimize its loading speed.

View attachment 2581
Ekaterina, do you think this Enable Image LazyLoad will help the issue of product images not showing after the update?

how to install the latest theme update if I am running a child version of the DaVinci theme? WP doesn't prompt me to update the theme by default...

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ekaterina, do you think this Enable Image LazyLoad will help the issue of product images not showing after the update?
Yes, if you disable this option, your product images will load they way they used to.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

how to install the latest theme update if I am running a child version of the DaVinci theme? WP doesn't prompt me to update the theme by default...
You might want to switch to the original DaVinci theme as we do not run updates for child themes.

You might want to switch to the original DaVinci theme as we do not run updates for child themes.
So you are saying to switch back to the master theme, update that one and then re-activate the child theme?
Won't this lose any settings and content created in the Child theme when I re-activate it after the update?

Mar

Yes, if you disable this option, your product images will load they way they used to.
Ekaterina, the product images disappeared after the theme update. I asked help from support, nothing happened. If this is the solution, why is it not resolved until now?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

So you are saying to switch back to the master theme, update that one and then re-activate the child theme?
Won't this lose any settings and content created in the Child theme when I re-activate it after the update?
You will need to delete your child theme and create it one more time for the changes we have introduced to the DaVinci theme to be implemented into your child theme.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ekaterina, the product images disappeared after the theme update. I asked help from support, nothing happened. If this is the solution, why is it not resolved until now?
First of all, none of your product images seem to have gone missing.
Secondly, you have not update your theme. Yesterday we introduce the option of enabling/disabling Image LazyLoad on Single product page. So, you can deactivate Image LazyLoad so that images on product page load as they used to.

Mar

First of all, none of your product images seem to have gone missing.
Secondly, you have not update your theme. Yesterday we introduce the option of enabling/disabling Image LazyLoad on Single product page. So, you can deactivate Image LazyLoad so that images on product page load as they used to.
Ekaterina, first of all I have sent you screenshots of my site after the update. The images are showing at your end but in mine it is not. You listen to your clients, I will not ask help from you if there was no problem. I cannot leave the site in that condition for a number of days that is why I restored the old theme from my backup. I am asking you now if this Lazy load will resolve the problem. You can answer yes or no, but don't tell me that I did not update my theme and none of my product images have gone missing. I know better than you what's happening at my end.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ekaterina, first of all I have sent you screenshots of my site after the update. The images are showing at your end but in mine it is not. You listen to your clients, I will not ask help from you if there was no problem. I cannot leave the site in that condition for a number of days that is why I restored the old theme from my backup. I am asking you now if this Lazy load will resolve the problem. You can answer yes or no, but don't tell me that I did not update my theme and none of my product images have gone missing. I know better than you what's happening at my end.
When I accessed your website earlier today, I noticed that your DaVinci theme is not up-to-date - 0.10.9 (you downgraded it because the image loading issues caused by LazyLoad, fair enough). However, yesterday we released the theme update (0.11.1) which offers the option of disabling / enabling Image LazyLoad. So, I updated your theme in order for this checkbox to show up (to deactivate Image LazyLoad). With LazyLoad disabled, your website seems to load images just fine.
I checked a dozen of your products in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Images on product pages are loaded fine in all the browsers. We take this very seriously and always double check to make sure everything is okay.
But it looks like prices are missing on product pages in Mozilla Firefox. Our developers will look into the problem and I will get back to you as soon as I get any updates from them. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Mar

When I accessed your website earlier today, I noticed that your DaVinci theme is not up-to-date - 0.10.9 (you downgraded it because the image loading issues caused by LazyLoad, fair enough). However, yesterday we released the theme update (0.11.1) which offers the option of disabling / enabling Image LazyLoad. So, I updated your theme in order for this checkbox to show up (to deactivate Image LazyLoad). With LazyLoad disabled, your website seems to load images just fine.
I checked a dozen of your products in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Images on product pages are loaded fine in all the browsers. We take this very seriously and always double check to make sure everything is okay.
But it looks like prices are missing on product pages in Mozilla Firefox. Our developers will look into the problem and I will get back to you as soon as I get any updates from them. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your effort. I saw it was updated yesterday. Prices are showing at my end in other browsers including Firefox, at least this time. Another area to check is the payment systems. As I mentioned in my other post, the Paypal Express payment was not working resulting in eight failed orders.

Gigster

Hi, the Image LazyLoad option for Rembrandt is not available anymore (Version 4.1.4.1).
I want to disable lazy load on my home page, and also on single product gallery. Any ideas how?

Thanks,
José Emilio