AliDropship Themes Update

• Thread starter Ekaterina Sayapina
  • Start date
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

DaVinci (current version 0.14.0):
- 'LazyLoad images' option was added to Homepage and category pages. (Customization => General)

Michelangelo(current version 0.14.0):
- 'LazyLoad images' option was added to Homepage and category pages. (Customization => General)

Rembrandt (current version 3.8.0):

DaVinci 2.0 (current version 1.2):

Doug Gray

I am new at this:) If I update DaVinci 2.0 will I have to re-do any of my settings, or is it safe to just update it? Same for WordPress updates, with all the warnings to back up files first, should I be updating all the time, never or what? Thanks for any help in this regard. I have heard talk of a 'child theme' but don't know how to do that - is that the way to go, and if so could someone point me in the right direction to learn.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I am new at this:) If I update DaVinci 2.0 will I have to re-do any of my settings, or is it safe to just update it? Same for WordPress updates, with all the warnings to back up files first, should I be updating all the time, never or what? Thanks for any help in this regard. I have heard talk of a 'child theme' but don't know how to do that - is that the way to go, and if so could someone point me in the right direction to learn.
Hello Doug,
Thanks for your question!
You won't have to re-adjust your settings every time you update the theme, so feel free to update. To be on the safe side, you can create backup versions or create a child theme, it's up to you. However, please keep in mind that child themes are basically a third-party product, so we won't be able to technically support your child theme.