• Minor optimisation improvements

Attachments

• alids_first_ion ver 1.6.14 PHP 7.2+.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 16
  • alids_first_ion ver 1.6.14 PHP 7.1.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

ibrendan

Is there any chance the PayPal express checkout might be coming back? I've had to revert back to 1.6.8 as I am losing out on too many sales without it.

omktg

Hey Guys, @Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova

There is a huge problem with the last updates [Since the PayPal Integration Changed]

Today I was checking my PayPal account and noticed that the $ amount paid for the orders wasn't the same as the amount shown in my Alidropship dashboard.

For example:

1. Amount paid, Alidropship Dashboard [Correct amount that the buyer should have paid] $ 24.56 USD
Screenshot-398.png

2. Amount paid, PayPal Dashboard [The amount paid by the user] $ 20.22 USD
Screenshot-399.png

I thought... maybe the buyer used a different coupon, but I noticed that I didn't have coupons for more than 15% for that particular campaign. So I decided to test the same checkout process [products, prices, coupons], and it was terrible, take a look:

Here we are at the checkout page just before clicking the Payment button. I used the same products the buyer used [This is a returning customer] I also applied the same coupon used for that transaction, and as you can see it's a 15% discount coupon. The total amount that should be sent to PayPal was $ 24.56 USD correct?

Screenshot-396.png

Well unfortunately, the amount sent to PayPal was $20.22 USD thats 17.5% LESS than the real amount the buyer should pay. This is because the new PayPal integration is applying the coupon twice, the first time at the checkout page, and the second when sending the info to PayPal.

Something like this:

1. Checkout Subtotal = $ 28.90
2. Coupon 15% = $ 4.34
3. Total = $ 24.56 [With the coupon applied]
4. PayPal = $ 20.22
This means that the new integration did this: $ 24.56 - $ 4.34 = $ 20.22 It applied the coupon twice!

Screenshot-397.png

This is terrible guys, this means we are loosing money with every transaction.

This bug must be fixed ASAP

Please before updating the Plugin try to test every single checkout issue/process, because with things like this we actually lose money.

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hey Guys, @Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova

There is a huge problem with the last updates [Since the PayPal Integration Changed]

Today I was checking my PayPal account and noticed that the $ amount paid for the orders wasn't the same as the amount shown in my Alidropship dashboard.

For example:

1. Amount paid, Alidropship Dashboard [Correct amount that the buyer should have paid] $ 24.56 USD
Screenshot-398.png

2. Amount paid, PayPal Dashboard [The amount paid by the user] $ 20.22 USD
Screenshot-399.png

I thought... maybe the buyer used a different coupon, but I noticed that I didn't have coupons for more than 15% for that particular campaign. So I decided to test the same checkout process [products, prices, coupons], and it was terrible, take a look:

Here we are at the checkout page just before clicking the Payment button. I used the same products the buyer used [This is a returning customer] I also applied the same coupon used for that transaction, and as you can see it's a 15% discount coupon. The total amount that should be sent to PayPal was $ 24.56 USD correct?

Screenshot-396.png

Well unfortunately, the amount sent to PayPal was $20.22 USD thats 17.5% LESS than the real amount the buyer should pay. This is because the new PayPal integration is applying the coupon twice, the first time at the checkout page, and the second when sending the info to PayPal.

Something like this:

1. Checkout Subtotal = $ 28.90
2. Coupon 15% = $ 4.34
3. Total = $ 24.56 [With the coupon applied]
4. PayPal = $ 20.22
This means that the new integration did this: $ 24.56 - $ 4.34 = $ 20.22 It applied the coupon twice!

Screenshot-397.png

This is terrible guys, this means we are loosing money with every transaction.

This bug must be fixed ASAP

Please before updating the Plugin try to test every single checkout issue/process, because with things like this we actually lose money.
Hello, I've tried to reproduce this issue on my end, but couldn't do this. Could you please PM me your WP login credentials and link to the order with wrong amount - I will try to reproduce with your settings.

MyGoodFortune

Hello guys,

This version failed to update in wordpress. Tried it several times and it keeps asking to update again.
and also i notice that my sites loading speed getting slow after that. I'm not sure whether its because of
the plugin.

Im having the same problem. I update and it says its updated but straight away the request to update is back. Very strange.

Bayo

This version failed to update in wordpress. Tried it several times and it keeps asking to update again. Can you please send me the update plugin.

merten

Same Issue here not able to update. Also there are some serious issues with the previous version. Have some sites which have a 50% drop in orders. Missing the Paypal express feature is a big issue here as well. 1 out of 4 have used this method to check out. Other issue is that I have seen is that multiple orders which have status abandoned in website, but then they seems to be successfully paid on Paypal. Resulting in many emails with angry customers because we tell them they didn't pay resulting in disputes atm.

This is also visible on the dashboard of another website. This site have also 50% less orders since the update with the new paypal integration. Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:

merten

Paypal integration is somehow very messed up.
This customer paid 2 times. Which the reason itself is probably also an additional error/bug in one of the addon plugins:

The abandoned cart plugin emails doesn't exclude customers who paid, also a big issue so many angry customers because they first try to order but didn't succeed, then the next time they order successfully and then they keep on receiving emails that they didn't order and abandon their cart. So they don't know how many times they order, if even successful or not.

In in the dashboard is only 1 visible as paid. He opened a dispute.
So if you check the payment on the dashboard, it doesn't make any sense. Because only 1 payment is showing.

Something about the peak of the iceberg seems to be coming out here.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    136 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.png
    2.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.png
    3.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 9

bhanjar

Just to share that my problem resolved after upgrading to PHP7.2 and reinstall
the new plugin according to the step at https://help.alidropship.com/settings/alidropship-pluginadd-ons-php-5670-support-termination

Once finished you may want to check your paypal payment settings. Mine was disabled after the upgrade.

I also tried PHP7.3 but then it caused severe 500 error. Occasionally got 500 error in PHP7.2 too.

Hello guys,

This version failed to update in wordpress. Tried it several times and it keeps asking to update again.
and also i notice that my sites loading speed getting slow after that. I'm not sure whether its because of
the plugin.