Alidropship Chrome Extension Issue

Real Residual

Hi Gangs at Alidropship!

I have another issue with the Chrome Extension. I think this is something that you guys might want to know.

When I was processing my orders, I get phantom tracking numbers. Even from orders that has no Aliexpress Order Id. It is extremely weird to me that this is happening, but it got worse and now I am getting Aliepress OrderID on orders that I have not purchased yet.

So I went back to all my orders in the past few weeks to see if there were similar issues, but many of them have been marked shipped and it is just no way to go over few thousands of orders. Then I started noticing a pattern and narrowed it down to: Chrome Extension.

I have 2 computers working at the same time, so when one PC is buying on Aliexpress, the other one could be retrieving tracking IDs, the data gets mis-transferred and we get weird tracking showing up on orders that has the popup automatic purchase window on, and once you pay on aliexpress, the aliexpress ID gets sent to god knows where and one of my new orders will sometimes get the aliexpress order ID replaced. So we have stopped doing any activities together because it will simply screwed up our database.

Could this be looked into somehow? I would really appreciate it.

Real

Hmm, I don't see the advantage of using two computers for this when one will do just fine. If your doing some scrapping of the numbers rather then allowing the extension to do its job then that's on you. Also make sure your not logging into multiple aliexpress accounts on the same "chrome profile". You should create a profile for each store you wish to use the addon with.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Gangs at Alidropship!

I have another issue with the Chrome Extension. I think this is something that you guys might want to know.

When I was processing my orders, I get phantom tracking numbers. Even from orders that has no Aliexpress Order Id. It is extremely weird to me that this is happening, but it got worse and now I am getting Aliepress OrderID on orders that I have not purchased yet.

So I went back to all my orders in the past few weeks to see if there were similar issues, but many of them have been marked shipped and it is just no way to go over few thousands of orders. Then I started noticing a pattern and narrowed it down to: Chrome Extension.

I have 2 computers working at the same time, so when one PC is buying on Aliexpress, the other one could be retrieving tracking IDs, the data gets mis-transferred and we get weird tracking showing up on orders that has the popup automatic purchase window on, and once you pay on aliexpress, the aliexpress ID gets sent to god knows where and one of my new orders will sometimes get the aliexpress order ID replaced. So we have stopped doing any activities together because it will simply screwed up our database.

Could this be looked into somehow? I would really appreciate it.

Real
Hello, please send me your WP and cPanel login credentials - we will check what might be the issue. Also , please send the order link with which you've experienced this issue.
Do you have only 1 store with AliDropship plugin?

Real Residual

Hello, please send me your WP and cPanel login credentials - we will check what might be the issue. Also , please send the order link with which you've experienced this issue.
Do you have only 1 store with AliDropship plugin?

We have 2 stores running at this time. So we could be working on both stores simultaneously doing different things, wrong tracking and aliexpress ID will pop up at random. Some times we'll get the tracking from a different store orders.

We have stopped working on both stores now and developed a system. When one of us is about to work with the plugin, a loud scream will be heard through out the house "I AM WORKING ON ALIE" and that's a signal for the other not to touch it.

Real Residual

Hmm, I don't see the advantage of using two computers for this when one will do just fine. If your doing some scrapping of the numbers rather then allowing the extension to do its job then that's on you. Also make sure your not logging into multiple aliexpress accounts on the same "chrome profile". You should create a profile for each store you wish to use the addon with.

Different chrome profiles and user accounts were used.

We have multiple stores.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
We have 2 stores running at this time. So we could be working on both stores simultaneously doing different things, wrong tracking and aliexpress ID will pop up at random. Some times we'll get the tracking from a different store orders.

We have stopped working on both stores now and developed a system. When one of us is about to work with the plugin, a loud scream will be heard through out the house "I AM WORKING ON ALIE" and that's a signal for the other not to touch it.
We understand that the issue exists , but we can't figure out the reason of it on our end, it would be great if somebody with this issue share with us WP and cPanel login credentials.

@Victoria Kudryashova Also from looking at the unpacked js code in the extension, your dev team might look into keying the store to the orders list if your able to do that. It looks like your using chrome.storage.local and as the docs say "Items in the local storage area are local to each machine". I think if you implement a key system eg. store_id = 1 order_id would become something like store_id + order_id = order_id, or something along those lines. Then when processing you would just have to split based upon the store_id which would be separate for each store of course. (eg. in the extension, don't import unless your store_id from alidsw = current extensions store_id)