Adding own attributes

global96

I just read a post from 3 years ago, where it was stated that you should not add your own attributes to products as they can cause issues with updating products... However one of the main reasons why I switched to AliDropship Woo was the customizability. I am setting up product filters based on color, and I need to have my own attributes for it. Can someone clarify if it's okay for me to add my own attributes?

Volodya Alexanyan

Administrator
Staff member
I just read a post from 3 years ago, where it was stated that you should not add your own attributes to products as they can cause issues with updating products... However one of the main reasons why I switched to AliDropship Woo was the customizability. I am setting up product filters based on color, and I need to have my own attributes for it. Can someone clarify if it's okay for me to add my own attributes?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please clarify if you want to add the attributes to your own products, or to the products which have been imported directly from AliExpress?

I'd also recommend you to check this article (you will need to scroll down up to the end, until the AliDropship Woo plugin's part): https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2233263-adding-your-own-products

Best regards,
Volodya

global96

Could you please clarify if you want to add the attributes to your own products, or to the products which have been imported directly from AliExpress?
Products which have been imported from AliExpress. I'm assuming it's not recommended, are tags okay though? I need them for filtering purposes.

Volodya Alexanyan

Administrator
Staff member
Products which have been imported from AliExpress. I'm assuming it's not recommended
Yes, I would recommend not to add new attributes to the products which have been imported directly from AliExpress. For example, a simple update/reset of the product (for example, the supplier has added new attributes from his side) > will default your product and make it just like the product from the supplier's side, literally removing the attributes you've added.

are tags okay though? I need them for filtering purposes.
Yes, of course. You can use the tags.

Best regards,
Volodya