Add Shipping Charge to Sellers price before markup

computel

All my products in my store are free shipping and I only import products that offer free shipping. I would like to be able to import products with shipping charges and add it to the sellers price before it uses the markup formula.

That would be a cool feature and make your product better.

Direct Webstore

I would like to be able to import products with shipping charges and add it to the sellers price before it uses the markup formula.
Why? Then the shipping charge would be artificially increased by the formula and subsequently the end total price would be more increased resulting in a worse deal for the customer.

That would be a cool feature and make your product better.
Not in my opinion. Keeping the shipping charge out of the pricing formula is the most logical and sensible thing to do. Keep it separate.

Still provide free shipping to customers with products that have paid shipping by all means ... but don't unnecessarily inflate the total cost to the customer. Not if you want them to come back.

And when you do provide free shipping with some products that have a shipping cost (I do) ... it's no big deal in the long run. Your overall profits from ALL sales absorb it easily.

But having said that, you can still achieve something similar if you wish to with the formula functions as they are by adding an extra value for shipping onto the formula. Just use an "average" amount for shipping.

:)

** And from past experience on this "forum", I have to add this disclaimer ... "This is only my opinion" Do not take it personally and have a tizzy fit because it's in opposition to your opinion.

computel

I meant it can be added to the final price. Lets say the prices was 10.00 after the formula was run you cad add the shipping price on the item based on the shipping charge from the seller and this would be an option you could choose to click on or off.

I ran across an item on from a seller that the cost was 50.14 and the shipping was 38.40 = 88.53 based on the formula that would make the sales price 89.23 (I round the price up to .99) Loss of .70 each order. So I guess running at a loss is good business?

+adding on a price to the order wouldn't work as this would add on to all items and would include ones that have free shipping.

The option to have a check box that only adds the sellers shipping charge to the final price would work as it would notice the seller has a shipping charge and notice nothing has to be added when the shipping is free from the supplier.

Just looked at the formula chart and it says this "This formula will be applied to your final price additionally." a hook could be added to check if there is a shipping charge and add it on to the final price as well as Additional Formula.

This wouldn't be that hard to add to the program as it would be a query after final price check seller shipping cost if it's 0 do nothing if there is a shipping charge add the shipping to final price. if people using alidropship don't want to do this unc-heck and it's disabled.

I would get this added myself but with this being updated all the time code would be removed on updates.

This would be a great feature as it would make sure stores that have free shipping don't loose money and it wouldn't affect those who charge shipping as you have a check box you can change if you want to use it or not.

Sorry I didn't explain it right the first message. Posting in late at night doesn't help.

Last edited:
I agree with @Direct Webstore here, i don't really see the need for it. If you "need" to have a custom price for an item, as you stated you only do free shipping items currently, then disable the automatic price update and set it yourself with the shipping included.

Direct Webstore

I meant it can be added to the final price.
That's not what you said.
...shipping charges and add it to the sellers price before it uses the markup formula

Shipping charges are accessible by the Aliexpress API, but whether the developers want to bloat the plugin out with something unnecessary like that is anther thing. The Woo plugin is already causing high CPU usage on hosting servers with the product updates alone at the moment. Something like that would just make it worse.

computel

I agree with @Direct Webstore here, i don't really see the need for it. If you "need" to have a custom price for an item, as you stated you only do free shipping items currently, then disable the automatic price update and set it yourself with the shipping included.

This plugin doesn't even handle shipping charges. So you would have to do all this manually so what time are you saving? If you search I'm not the only one talking about shipping charges? Akidropship thinks you can just use sellers that offer free shipping. That is fine and dandy if your in the US a lot of sellers charge other countries for shipping, So yes the shipping should be imported and be able to add it automatically as a shipping or have an option to do it in the formula calculations.

Please explain how this is saving time? I have to edit all products manually, (Not really their fault as its pulling sellers descriptions) I have to add shipping charges manually. This is something that can and should be added to help us stores not in the US)

Direct Webstore

This plugin doesn't even handle shipping charges. Please explain how this is saving time?
'This plugin" is merely an extension to "Woocommerce". It's not an "All in one solution". You need to be asking these questions on the Woocommerce forum. It's Woocommerce that handles the shipping.

I think you should just use the Original plugin. The Woo plugin was only developed later by popular request by experienced Woocommerce users.

If you search I'm not the only one talking about shipping charges?
There ARE a lot of inexperienced people on this forum who struggle to read/understand documentation. That's why they are constantly asking such questions. All the answers are in the Woocommerce documentation.

I have to edit all products manually
How else would you suggest they be edited? By some kind of artificial intelligence? They wouldn't be very good if they were.

It seems to me you're just looking for some kind of "magic money machine" you can flip a switch on, then sit back and have a beer. Just joking, LOL :)

They should put a sticker on the Woo plugin ... "Warning, some work and experience required"

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Just because you say so direct webstore. I have been reading a lot of posta here and your not the only one that can suggest things.

That's right. Maybe some others will post in this thread and agree with you. You just have to wait and see. So far there's two who have an opposite opinion to yours. That's life. Deal with it. I do. :)

Why write a program that doesn't function right? If I have to manually change all these things who needs alidropship right? The program is useless for Canada.
It works fantastically well according to many, many people. I think you are looking for a "magic money machine". Even with other plugins like Oberlo/Shopify you have to edit products etc.

Sorry you don't agree and I could really careless as I make suggestions on the needs to run a Canadian store and the way the plugin works it doesn't work well for us. Glad your happy with it and it works well for you.

** And from past experience on this "forum", I have to add this disclaimer ... "This is only my opinion" Do not take it personally and have a tizzy fit because it's in opposition to your opinion.

Anyone else want their future predicted?

*sigh*

Last edited:

computel

Your a damn troll that's all no one asked for your two cents. what an idiot now I know why you have that tag line always wants to be part of something. maybe mommy or daddy issues?

That's right. Maybe some others will post in this thread and agree with you. You just have to wait and see. So far there's two who have an opposite opinion to yours. That's life. Deal with it. I do. :)

It works fantastically well according to many, many people. I think you are looking for a "magic money machine". Even with other plugins like Oberlo/Shopify you have to edit products etc.

Anyone else want their future predicted?

*sigh*

computel

And you feel like you have to comment on all these post and be rude to people. Yes I have seen your replies. Your a toll and that's all go out and make some friends and stop bothering people here. When you have issues it's ok and everyone should side with you sorry don't play that game.

'This plugin" is merely an extension to "Woocommerce". It's not an "All in one solution". You need to be asking these questions on the Woocommerce forum. It's Woocommerce that handles the shipping.

There ARE a lot of inexperienced people on this forum who struggle to read/understand documentation. That's why they are constantly asking such questions. All the answers are in the Woocommerce documentation.

Direct Webstore

Your a damn troll that's all no one asked for your two cents
mommy or daddy issues?
And you feel like you have to comment on all these post and be rude to people.

You mean people shouldn't comment on posts in a public forum? Seriously? I agree with lots of ideas in this forum and when I do it's "fine". I also help many people with problems too, and that's "fine", but the minute I disagree with some people, I'm suddenly a "troll with mommy/daddy issues". It's not all that bad. It's only a handful of people who react that way ... but enough for me to put that "disclaimer" for the times when I do disagree with someone. Unfortunately, it seems to sail straight over the heads of some people.

And where have I been rude? Please quote an example sentence of "rudeness". The only rudeness I see here are quotes from you, that you later deleted.

I've merely stated an opinion and stated some facts. One other has agreed with it, and no one else has agreed with you. That's the real problem with you here I'm afraid. Which makes this comment pretty hypocritical ...
everyone should side with you

As far as I can see, you're the only one here being rude because no one has agreed with you. If you're patient, you may get someone posting here who does.

I'm sorry if you got upset at a differing opinion. Occasionally a few do here on this forum. Hence my "disclaimer". Meanwhile, take a chill pill and re-read it below ...

:(

*sigh*

Last edited:

computel

OMG you need validation one other person agreed with you. Guy I think your the one that is on meds here. Yes that should tell you something if you need to put a disclaimer on here. Maybe you should read your own stuff. Guy give it a rest. Grow up and shut it. How do I mute this fool don't have time for people like this that need validation on things they say.

Direct Webstore

This is something that can and should be added to help us stores not in the US)
For the record, I'm in Australia and many, many others here are not in the U.S and we don't have any problems with shipping. In fact, the BULK of users are not in the U.S. In fact, with the dropshipping model, it makes absolutely no difference where you are. (With the exception of access to certain payment gateways) That's the beauty of it. :)

I strongly suggest you study the huge amounts of Woocommerce shipping documentation in this Google search here ... I and others did.

://www.google.com/search?ei=QDv7W4DGKMiEvQTO2ZQ4&q=woocommerce+shipping+woocommerce+shipping+woocommerce+shipping&oq=woocommerce+shipping+woocommerce+shipping+woocommerce+shipping&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0..19...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.CqmKI30Xns4

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Last edited:
@computel I'm not sure why you changed your tone initially. You sound like a teenager who's parents just said you can't goto the mall or something. We gave you valid reasons why your suggestion was not needed, though this was only from our points of view. I personally think having an API i can pull from or develop plugins with would be a feature at the top of my list.

But the point being just because we gave you reason why you wouldn't need this feature, this is called criticism and is the intended action to a request of this type: suggestion. Why do we need this, why we don't, how it would help, why it would bog down the system, ect. If you do not want this type of feedback you should more carefully word your suggestions in the future.

I will reiterate my point though for this posts sake. When you import a item into your store, you are making a decision on how this is going to go. As you stated you offer a free shipping program on your store and you stated that you *only* import items with free shipping. Now if you think about this in the long term vs how much money you can grab from the customer at once you will see why this is not smart. You can't honestly say say that a shipping fee of say $3.99 on an item costing $10 which you already markup to say $30 is not worth it. You assume that you should be able to roll that shipping fee into the formula pre-calculations. This would as @Direct Webstore stated above in so many words, just hurt your bottom line, cost you customers, and hurt your business.

In general you should stop your though process about how much money you can make at one time and think how you can make your items stand out among the crowd. You should assume that if your selling drones (or whatever product you sell) with AliDS, then so are 150 other people, probably 700+ shopify+oberlo users, and god knows how many other random e-commerce sites. You should think more about how you can write a better description of this item, find the item for the same/better price (with your shipping factored in on your end not the customers), or just in general work on keeping your customers. Stop worrying about how rich you can get doing nothing, think about how you can start a relationship with your customer, how you can create a source of income from said customer. Send out some emails, offer a BOGO deal for them, keep them coming back again and again rather then just once.

If this post has upset you in any way this is not my intent, rather a small suggestion for you to take on and learn from.

Direct Webstore

Now if you think about this in the long term vs how much money you can grab from the customer at once you will see why this is not smart.
Right. You have to look at the "overall profit" from the whole store.

You can't honestly say say that a shipping fee of say $3.99 on an item costing $10 which you already markup to say $30 is not worth it.
Exactly.

If this post has upset you in any way this is not my intent
Standby for the tantrum.

computel

I stated it after I made a mistake that is should be imported after the formula. So you could grab this info from the seller and added it onto the price. Simple programming if you don't want to it would be a check mark to disable that's all.

Just because you two don't need it doesn't mean I can't suggested.

You should worry about your store and not worry about what others do. I have been in business for over 27 years and don't need you telling me how to run my business.

Not trying to rake customers just want to make sure I'm not taking a loss on a sale. If the item costs 50.00 and the shipping is 30 = $80.00 is my cost and with the markup formula of * 1.50 = $75.00 Loss of $5.00 maybe you can run your business this way but I'm not so before you Your siding with someone that has no clue what I'm getting charged for shipping from sellers.

Not just making stuff up here in Canada we are paying a ton for shipping.

Maybe now you can understand where I'm coming from on why this would needed and not really hard to add this in. All it would be a is grabbing the shipping cost and adding it to the database as shipping cost then add it into the formula process. same as the rounding up enable it or disable it.

I do have a programming background. I worked with our online databases when the internet started in the early 90's. I had the task of putting the companies store database online and check stock from our computers. this included sales online. Also had to connect to Canada post to add shipping the products by size and weight. So I know it's not that hard of a task to add it in. Our coding was all by hand we didn't have a fancy interface. Wish I would have kept on programming but I had a company to run and I was sourcing products before the net was around.

@computel I'm not sure why you changed your tone initially. You sound like a teenager who's parents just said you can't goto the mall or something. We gave you valid reasons why your suggestion was not needed, though this was only from our points of view. I personally think having an API i can pull from or develop plugins with would be a feature at the top of my list.

Direct Webstore

Adding items to a database is not "programming" ... it's simple "data entry". It also has nothing to do with adding extra functions to the plugin.

But it was a nice story and also explains your intolerant attitude. " Ex boss ... now redundant/retired, didn't save enough for retirement, can't handle people disagreeing with him"

Got it. Sorry for not knowing my place boss :(

Last edited:

computel

Your a jackass and that is all I have to say Yes it is programming when you have to connect a store inventory database to and online store but you too stupid to know this. I have more then enough money but you can always have more. I have dealt with guys like you many times over my 27 years..My competitors are out of business and I'm still around. how long have you been around. You need 8 stores to make money if you knew what you were doing you would only need one. If what you are saying is making you fell better about yourself glad I could help. It's my company. You can have the last word I know you need it to help you sleep at night I don't have time for you shit. Of to make more money have been retired for the last 14 years keeping the company going because its fun not because I have too unlike you who probably has to go to work and do this in spare time.

Direct Webstore

Your a jackass and that is all I have to say
You're telling fibs boss. You had an entire paragraph of other things to say following that. But that's OK, because you're the boss.

I have dealt with guys like you many times over my 27 years.
Yes boss. I've dealt with many guys like you too over my 60 years. I just have a BSc in Computer Engineering, but that was gained 38 years ago and I've spent most of my time since working as a technician/teacher, so what do I know? But at least my Uni education enabled me to spell "you're".

Yes it is programming when you have to connect a store inventory database to and online store
If you want to put the label "programming" (writing pages and pages of code for months) onto basic work with MySql ... go for it. boss. Yes sir! My apologies boss.

how long have you been around.
60 years.

You need 8 stores to make money if you knew what you were doing you would only need one.
Yes boss. I'll pass the message on to McDonalds

How do I mute this fool
Click my avatar on the left, then click "Ignore"
Bit too complicated I guess. You should have delegated the task to a data entry keyboard puncher, boss.

You can have the last word
Thanks boss ...

And in return for your impeccable good manners and tolerance ... here's a special gift for you. "Gosh! Canadians are so nice"

1543270508301.png

Last edited: