Add a filter to select simple products only for import.

jelcik

Frankly, the attribute data I'm getting from AliEpress is so misleading to the average buyer I'm struggling how to use the plugin. Perhaps It would be helpful if I could choose only to import simple products. How have others dealt with the use of attributes for data unrelated to the label description? I'm looking forward to any ideas you have.

Direct Webstore

How have others dealt with the use of attributes for data unrelated to the label description?

I delete (or edit) them as a part of the product editing process. Simple as that. Especially the "Brand Name". Takes a few seconds.

I could choose only to import simple products.
If you only want simple/single products ... just delete the variations you don't want. e.g If there's a Spiderman, Superman and Batman T-Shirt, just delete two of them. An extra couple of seconds in the overall product editing process.

You just need to develop a product editing workflow.

Last edited:

Mar

Frankly, the attribute data I'm getting from AliEpress is so misleading to the average buyer I'm struggling how to use the plugin. Perhaps It would be helpful if I could choose only to import simple products. How have others dealt with the use of attributes for data unrelated to the label description? I'm looking forward to any ideas you have.
You can delete the variations or just edit the description so that it will fit to all variations. If one variation of a t-shirt is printed with a lion, one with a tiger, your label will be Animal Printed T-shirts.

Direct Webstore

edit the description so that it will fit to all variations.

That's another option ... and the one I most often use, but he wants "simple products" i.e Single items. I agree with your method though. But he wants what he wants ... lol :) :)

Mar

That's another option ... and the one I most often use, but he wants "simple products" i.e Single items. I agree with your method though. But he wants what he wants ... lol :):)
I'm not sure if he really want simple products. It look like his problem is the label that don't fit the variations. It is another option if he come across the same issue in the future.

jelcik

You are right about the labels vs. data being the real issue. Frankly, I may not use the plugin as the data is SO bad. This is not really a plugin problem but a data quality problem. It almost would be worth it to pay for the development of a translation table to fix the errors. I used to have programmers working for me to do stuff like this. No longer, I'm retired. Ouch. Too bad, it has been more than 30 days and the warranty is up. I bought this plugin and Social Rabbit and both are looking to be shelfware. Double ouch!

Direct Webstore

I may not use the plugin as the data is SO bad.

That's the nature of dealing with super cheap products with titles and descriptions written by Chinese sellers with terrible English. Everyone has to rewrite the titles and descriptions anyway in order to be unique for SEO purposes. I don't really see what your problem is. If you were hoping to just use the titles and descriptions as is you'd end up in SEO Hell. LOL.

There's give and take. Sure you have to do a bit of work editing, but that is more than compensated for by the already mentioned cheapness of the products, no stock to handle and no packaging/ shipping to worry about.

I really think you're being a bit too demanding and unrealistic, although your comment about Social Rabbit is not too far off the mark, but it's still very useful if it's used with common sense. :)

So you "may not use the plugin". What's the alternative? Shopify/Oberlo? You will still have the same problem with titles and descriptions written by Chinese that need to be edited. Dropship from non Chinese suppliers in the U.S? You'd still have to list the products and write titles attributes and descriptions. There is no escaping it. It's a major part of any online store whether it's a dropshipping one or not. Even eBay and Amazon sellers have to spend hours writing titles, attributes and descriptions for their products.

Bottom line ... if you run a business, you need to do a bit of work. Not everything can be automated ... yet.

If you're not prepared to do it ... hire a few people from a third world country who have good written English skills to do it for you ... but you'd have to deal with the fact that they wouldn't put their heart into the job and you'd end up with a mediocre store. I myself prefer to handle everything myself ... and put my heart into it. It pays off in the end. :)

Last edited:

jelcik

I'm not a newbie. I write my own titles, descriptions, meta descriptions and on my new site, I'm building my own tables of user-friendly attributes. But when colors are numbers and metals are sizes and sizes are something entirely different I am not going to rebuild the whole attributes table (often 30 or more variations) to get accurate, colors, types, sizes, metals, gemstones, etc. It could take a day to list one product. The attributes table was easy to build. Data entry for hundreds or thousands of products to support real-world attributes with real-world labels would take a long time without building a complex translation table.

I suggest you are too quick to judge and not interested in understanding much less solving problems. You probably won't get far with that approach. But I wish you well anyway.

Direct Webstore

I am not going to rebuild the whole attributes table (often 30 or more variations) to get accurate, colors, types, sizes, metals, gemstones, etc. It could take a day to list one product.

This extreme exaggeration proves to me that you're not being realistic and are being over demanding. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The simple fact is that you are the only one that has a complaint about editing titles, attributes and descriptions. It's a "part of the job" with any e-commerce site and any e-commerce plugin or system. What does that suggest to you?

I suggest you are too quick to judge and not interested in understanding much less solving problems.

I suggest that you don't know me at all. I'm very adept at solving problems. It's about all I do on this forum.

You probably won't get far with that approach. But I wish you well anyway.
Thanks for reading my future in a crystal ball and the sarcastic well wishes .... lol :)

Anyway, bottom line, you seem to think that it's all too much and unworkable despite the fact that many don't think the same and are making a successful living from it.

So I guess your only avenue is to chuck in the towel and try something that requires less work.

Good luck with finding an alternative.

:)

Last edited:

jelcik

You are a raving idiot. Too stupid to know what you don't know. And more interested in being an asshole. I've turned off getting replies. No one needs to be subjected to your trash!

Direct Webstore

You are a raving idiot. Too stupid to know what you don't know. And more interested in being an asshole.

Well that response was pretty predictable, going by the sarcasm in your last reply. Some people just don't have enough emotional maturity handle a different opinion ... especially when it makes sense. *sigh*

Thank you! What you say works. I was looking for a shortcut. :cool:
Too stupid to know what you don't know.
Amazing contradiction. And is there actually anyone in the universe that knows what they don't know? Sounds pretty illogical to me ... which explains a lot.

I'm sorry if my opinion upsets you because it differs from yours, but I believe in saying what I think. Blame it on being raised in a spoiled Western culture that encourages freedom of speech. LOL :)

Basically you are complaining about a plugin/system that I and others think is great! I don't see anything wrong with supporting that view and defending it by disagreeing with you. Deal with it. It's not the end of the world. I'm not one of your "programmers working for you". You're not the boss anymore. You have to tolerate others opinions now.

And grow up.

Peace!

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

To any newbies reading this ... don't be put off by this guys pedantic negativity. It's not anywhere near as "difficult" as he tries to make out.
Put a bit of your heart into your site, spend an initial bit of hard work importing the bulk of your products and editing them, then relax a little and start having fun writing blogs, promoting and advertising. Then ... adding a couple new products every couple of weeks or so will be a pushover.

:)

Mar

This is not really a plugin problem but a data quality problem.
That's right, it is the data problem and the plugin has nothing to do with it as the sellers created those datas. So what really is your problem with the plugin? Are you expecting the plugin do the editing for you?

Direct Webstore

Are you expecting the plugin do the editing for you?

I think that is his fantasy as he said in the past his "team of programmers" would do menial tasks like that for him. But in reality, you have to edit and/or write titles, attributes and descriptions in any e-commerce setup. But once the initial bulk of it is done ... it's easier. He doesn't seem to like this simple fact though ... or anyone pointing it out to him.