ABANDONED CART

chris37

Hello alimembers,

Do I Use mail chimp or my hosting professional email in the set up of the Abandoned Card ? I don't use smtp plugin (I don't really need it ) because always my email go in the inbox of my client not the spam folder.

Thank you All.

Direct Webstore

I don't use smtp plugin (I don't really need it ) because always my email go in the inbox of my client not the spam folder.
An SMPT plugin has nothing to do with emails going to SPAM or not. It's the web host's built-in mail service (That you set up in cPanel) that causes that problem because many, many of them are blacklisted because of scammers using their services.

But if your host is OK and emails go to EVERYONE's inbox OK (not just yours ... try a different test email) ... then it is advised that you DO use an SMPT plugin. I recommend "WP Email SMPT" (free). My host is also OK as they have a "guaranteed to the inbox" mail service and I use WP Email SMPT like many others who use their web host's mail service.

So if you have no problems with emails going to people's inboxes, don't waste your money on Mail Chimp. You can use the free Woocommerce Lite Abandoned Cart plugin ... and for Newsletters and Promotional emails, I recommend the free "Mail Poet 3". It can also now send some special Woocommerce emails, like "Welcome" emails, etc. But I don't use those as I have another plugin that handles that. (**See below)

I myself use WP Email SMPT, Mail Poet 3, and **Woocommerce Follow Up Emails (not free). Follow Up Emails also handles Abandoned Carts. Those 3 plugins do everything Mail Chimp does, for almost free.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You could also try using the Alidropship abandoned cart addon. Its free and easy to use
He could try it, but he should be aware that It's had a long history of problems and according to recent threads, still does for some people. My main problem with it when I used to use it for Original Plugin stores were long delays in sending emails.

The link below would give u more info
If he typed "Abandoned Cart" into the search box above, he could also find additional "real life" info from the people mentioned above who have had problems with it. ;)

If he was using the Original Plugin, he would have no choice but to use it, but seeing as he's using Woocommerce, I'd advise him to use the free Abandoned Cart Lite for Woocommerce, which has not had any problems at all ... https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-abandoned-cart/
At least I never had a problem with it. I don't use it anymore as I now use Woo Follow Up Emails (paid version).

Basically, from past experience with both the free Alidropship one and the free dedicated Woocommerce Lite one, I'd advise going with the Woo one. But that's just my personal opinion. He could (and should) try both and make his own decision.

Last edited:

Mar

I recommend "WP Email SMPT" (free). My host is also OK as they have a "guaranteed to the inbox" mail service and I use WP Email SMPT like many others who use their web host's mail service.
I used WP Email SMPT in the past. It was working fine for sometime. Suddenly it was showing errors and mails including test mails were not sent. I tried to fix it but it look like it just need an upgrade to the paid version. Now I am using Post SMTP plugin. The plugin has connectivity test during setup, so the user will know if there is a connectivity issue. A Fallback option that use another SMTP service if mail fail. It also have mail Logging. The plugin log all outgoing email from the site. I used another plugin for this, I removed it, minus one plugin. It also have a Chrome extension that will notify the user if an email fail. So far this is the best SMTP plugin I am using. It don't have a paid version (premium) so everything is there.

1592110246533.png

1592110183886.png

Getford

If he was using the Original Plugin, he would have no choice but to use it, but seeing as he's using Woocommerce, I'd advise him to use the free Abandoned Cart Lite for Woocommerce, which has not had any problems at all
Actually, I also use Abandoned Cart with Alidropshipwoo, I do notice a slight delay in emails though. But apart from that it works fine. But will try other alternative if it fumbles.

Direct Webstore

I do notice a slight delay in emails though.
Same here, when I used it with the Original plugin, but Woo doesn't have that problem. It's really only a small issue, but still big enough to tip the scales in Woo Lites favour. I remember saying on another thread a couple of years ago on the ADS Abandoned Cart, that I love all the Alidropship add-ons except the Abandoned cart one. That's grown to two now. I also hate the Shipping plugin. LOL (Got a cheap licence for the Shipping plugin for U.S$10 if anyone wants it)

But at the end of the day, choosing which plugin to use is a personal choice by trying them all, I guess.

:)

chris37

Thanks alimember for you answers...
I try ads abandoned card for 6 day now everything work normal.(I don't use smtp, I try it with 6 different email all of them going in the inbox ) ..I did not notise any delay however from people mention it(I speak only for the woo version).

chris37

Same here, when I used it with the Original plugin, but Woo doesn't have that problem. It's really only a small issue, but still big enough to tip the scales in Woo Lites favour. I remember saying on another thread a couple of years ago on the ADS Abandoned Cart, that I love all the Alidropship add-ons except the Abandoned cart one. That's grown to two now. I also hate the Shipping plugin. LOL (Got a cheap licence for the Shipping plugin for U.S$10 if anyone wants it)

But at the end of the day, choosing which plugin to use is a personal choice by trying them all, I guess.

:)

Please Sent me pm for how i can reset the licence of your domain and how i will have full ownership of this shipping plugin if is already register up to you.

jorgeraidel

Hello

Actually i have installed Abandoned Cart free plugin and works fine, the Only limitation that i see is that only works with manually Emails registered, but i see that is not working in case of social network or autorefill registered customers.

thanks

Swannybay

I know this is an old thread - but.. i see in GA that folks are adding to and abandoning carts - but none of that data shows in my AC dashboard. I understand it can't send an email if no address provided, but did think it would still track the metrics?