A swagger joins the family of dropshippeurs.

Willy

Hello family
My name is Willy, I come from Burkina Faso (West Africa) and I just started my first dropshipping project.
I love the atmosphere of the forum (I read you for a while) and this post is just to introduce me and present
my new project. (I think it would be nice to have a small section where the members introduce themselves
and get to know each other better)

In short, I go into the niche of urban clothes, in passing I like the style of urban clothing, I listen
to a loop of hiphop music, I could debate 24/24 so I thought why not start in this field.
I also did a little study on the niche, the competition is quite high but ... we will fight.

The major obstacle that I encounter is the payment platform, it's a bit complicated in Africa.
Currently I have started a submission on 2checkout, I crossed my fingers so that 2checkout
validates my site. Otherwise I will be obliged to create a legal structure either in France or
an LLC in the USA.

You can visit the swaggers cave at this address okswag.com
Do not hesitate if you have any criticism or suggestions.
Success to everyone :)

Direct Webstore

Gidday Willy ... My only concern is that the term "Swag" for clothing is maybe local to West Africa. I'd change it and take on the WORLD! :)

Willy

Gidday Willy ... My only concern is that the term "Swag" for clothing is maybe local to West Africa. I'd change it and take on the WORLD! :)
Oh! The term is not very widespread? It's a somewhat ghetto language but I thought it's very popular especially in the hiphop world.
Thank you for your opinion, it's nice. If you have a name in mind for me to replace 'swag', do not hesitate. I always work on it, so ...

Direct Webstore

Here in Australia, "Swag" means a rolled up blanket with some personnel stuff inside, tied with a bit of rope and slung over your shoulder ... sort of like a cheap backpack. As in the Aussie song ... "Once a jolly swagman..." (Waltzing Matilda) ... guess "swag" means different things in different countries. LOL :)

Direct Webstore

If you have a name in mind for me to replace 'swag', do not hesitate.

Nah ... on second thoughts it's cool sounding and different and I do "get the meaning" via context. Don't worry about me. I'm just an old fashioned Aussie guy .. LOL ... go for for it. :)

Willy

Nah ... on second thoughts it's cool sounding and different and I do "get the meaning" via context. Don't worry about me. I'm just an old fashioned Aussie guy .. LOL ... go for for it. :)
Hahaha, it's incredible. and funny at the same time. It reminds me of a girlfriend who had found a name for her business of contemporary dance classes. 3 months after the launch, she realizes that the name she chooses means 'bitch' in Japanese. hahha

Willy

Western Europe/U.K? What about the U.S, Canada, New Zealand (Australia covered already)?
It's pretty well known in Europe and the United States in the "young" and urban world as I say. Check on google, it's pretty popular.
However for the rest I do not know. It is an expression that has been popular for 5 to 6 years in the urban environment.

Thanks for advice

Rando RedBall

Hello family
My name is Willy, I come from Burkina Faso (West Africa) and I just started my first dropshipping project.
I love the atmosphere of the forum (I read you for a while) and this post is just to introduce me and present
my new project. (I think it would be nice to have a small section where the members introduce themselves

In short, I go into the niche of urban clothes, in passing I like the style of urban clothing, I listen
to a loop of hiphop music, I could debate 24/24 so I thought why not start in this field.
I also did a little study on the niche, the competition is quite high but ... we will fight.

The major obstacle that I encounter is the payment platform, it's a bit complicated in Africa.
Currently I have started a submission on 2checkout, I crossed my fingers so that 2checkout
validates my site. Otherwise I will be obliged to create a legal structure either in France or
an LLC in the USA.

Are
Hello family

an LLC in the USA.

Do you only aource through aliexpress or are you able to add outsode sources to your store? Im trying to get started but the comapnttales forever answering back emails.

Hi willy I like your store very nice.

The store name is very now very trendy for the hiphop urban wear niche

I would make a quick suggestion to speed up the loadtime of your website as it loads slowly for me in UK

Willy

Tha
Hi willy I like your store very nice.

The store name is very now very trendy for the hiphop urban wear niche

I would make a quick suggestion to speed up the loadtime of your website as it loads slowly for me in UK
Your remark is very relevant. I have not activated my compression and cache plugin yet. I still work on the design and when these plugins are active, I do not see any visual changes when I make changes css etc. I am always eager to clear the cache each time before refreshing my browser to see my changes. So I will finish the development then I activate to speed up my site.
Thanks for the remark,

Tha

Your remark is very relevant. I have not activated my compression and cache plugin yet. I still work on the design and when these plugins are active, I do not see any visual changes when I make changes css etc. I am always eager to clear the cache each time before refreshing my browser to see my changes. So I will finish the development then I activate to speed up my site.
Thanks for the remark,

Cool man no worries. Im a developer myself so i know what its like with the cache issue while designing the look and feel and CSS of a website. If you use cloudflare you can activate the developer mode.

Willy

Cool man no worries. Im a developer myself so i know what its like with the cache issue while designing the look and feel and CSS of a website. If you use cloudflare you can activate the developer mode.
Ok thanks for tips.
I am not really a developer. I am just a hustler who manages to fiddle to get the desired result. hahahah
On the other hand in computer graphics I know how to do 2D and even 3D things on Cinema 4D. In short, I'm more designer than develop, maybe that's why I love the style of dress :)

lazochristo

Yeah, that very true. I'm in Ghana and it also very hard for me to start my project because PayPal thus not support Ghana and also all other credit card processing companies to need a lot of ridiculous documentation before they can authorize your payments.

there should be a system where dropship will have a general payment option "have a general payment system where African countries will use" so that if you coming from Africa payment integrations will be easy.

Willy Lets try and link up ok.

Peace