3 times tried to import product with Chrome Extension, 3 times my site became unreachable

Booth Street Co

So, three times now I have tried to import products using the Alidropship Chrome extension. After each attempt, _immediately_ after, my site has become unreachable, displaying the following message:
This site can’t be reached
www.boothstreet.co took too long to respond.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I get the same error when anyone on my wifi attempts to access the site (or any other site on that hosting account), but I can display it using my smartphone on mobile data only. I also can access it while on my employer's VPN, but their network blocks the chrome extension from functioning correctly, so I can't import products anyway.

I've done every SINGLE troubleshooting trick for my home network that I can find on the internet including flushing DNS, dumping cache, releasing DCHP, resetting router & modem, etc. etc. Webhosting support says they aren't seeing anything wrong on their end, especially since the site is visible on the greater internet.

Operating under the "3 strikes you're out" philosophy, I'm hoping I can get some help before I ask for a refund and seek out other options.

As an aside, when searching through the forums for help with various problems, there are many times where mods/admins jump in and ask for login information, and then the thread just sort of dead-ends. It's great that you guys are so responsive but if someone would come back and report on what the solution was, we would be better equipped to troubleshoot our problems more effectively.

Edited to add: I have up-to-date versions of WordPress, Woocommerce, AliDropshop for Woocommerce, Chrome, and the Alidropshop Chrome extension.

Last edited:

Christina

Administrator
So, three times now I have tried to import products using the Alidropship Chrome extension. After each attempt, _immediately_ after, my site has become unreachable, displaying the following message:
This site can’t be reached
www.boothstreet.co took too long to respond.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I get the same error when anyone on my wifi attempts to access the site (or any other site on that hosting account), but I can display it using my smartphone on mobile data only. I also can access it while on my employer's VPN, but their network blocks the chrome extension from functioning correctly, so I can't import products anyway.

I've done every SINGLE troubleshooting trick for my home network that I can find on the internet including flushing DNS, dumping cache, releasing DCHP, resetting router & modem, etc. etc. Webhosting support says they aren't seeing anything wrong on their end, especially since the site is visible on the greater internet.

Operating under the "3 strikes you're out" philosophy, I'm hoping I can get some help before I ask for a refund and seek out other options.

As an aside, when searching through the forums for help with various problems, there are many times where mods/admins jump in and ask for login information, and then the thread just sort of dead-ends. It's great that you guys are so responsive but if someone would come back and report on what the solution was, we would be better equipped to troubleshoot our problems more effectively.

Edited to add: I have up-to-date versions of WordPress, Woocommerce, AliDropshop for Woocommerce, Chrome, and the Alidropshop Chrome extension.

Hello, Booth Street Co!

We are very sorry that you have faced such a problem. But we have to ask you for your domain name and WP login details to check the issue. Please send them to me in a PM.

Direct Webstore

As an aside, when searching through the forums for help with various problems
My God! Finally! Someone who knows how to use the search function here! It's a miracle! :)

but if someone would come back and report on what the solution was, we would be better equipped to troubleshoot our problems
That would be up to the members who are also incapable of using the search function ... so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one ... lol :)