3 abandoned carts this week

Rechell

hello there, my site is a month and a half old and been trying to make the sale ice-breaker. but this week i only got 3 abandoned carts "buy one click" im wondering what is the problem; do you recommend to remove the paypal express in order to capture the emails at least?
on a positive note, i am delighted as it means there is interest right? the next move is to identify what is the reason why did not proceed with the purchase; could it be the long process of payment because even if only 9$ value of goods it requires ID number? or just simply change minds...
your inputs would be highly appreciated!

mihailena

Hi, congratulations, having an abandoned cart brings you much closer to actually making a sale. Hang in there!

I think the problem may be the ID number - not everyone (including me) would provide ID when making purchase on Internet. Why don't you remove that?

Having an abandoned cart on such a young store shows interest, so good job.

candresg76

I also get many abandoned carts with the "buy one click" option. However, I also have a lot of sales from customers who don't want to go through the shopping cart filling out personal details before paying, they just want one item and want to pay fast via PayPal without any hassle.

A cool idea would be adding an email request before sending the customer to PayPal in order to capture his/her email. Something like "enter your PayPal email" and then forward them directly to PayPal to make payment.

Also, would be a cool idea to test how sales go with and without the PayPal button. I did this many months ago and couldn't tell any real difference, nowadays my PayPal sales are many more than the ones via Credit Card. For 10 paypal orders I get 6 via Credit Card, that's my average now. Hope the info es useful.

Last edited:

Rechell

Hi, congratulations, having an abandoned cart brings you much closer to actually making a sale. Hang in there!

I think the problem may be the ID number - not everyone (including me) would provide ID when making purchase on Internet. Why don't you remove that?

Having an abandoned cart on such a young store shows interest, so good job.
Thank you mihailena! What an encouraging comment. :) it is indeed a good inspiration creating an interest even just for few folks. I am still working on variety and analyze the pricing compared to competitors. I honestly dont know how to remove that option in paypal and have asked support about it. Not sure if sorted unless i will try to purchase. Hanging in here for sure! :) xx

Rechell

I also get many abandoned carts with the "buy one click" option. However, I also have a lot of sales from customers who don't want to go through the shopping cart filling out personal details before paying, they just want one item and want to pay fast via PayPal without any hassle.

A cool idea would be adding an email request before sending the customer to PayPal in order to capture his/her email. Something like "enter your PayPal email" and then forward them directly to PayPal to make payment.

Also, would be a cool idea to test how sales go with and without the PayPal button. I did this many months ago and couldn't tell any real difference, nowadays my PayPal sales are many more than the ones via Credit Card. For 10 paypal orders I get 6 via Credit Card, that's my average now. Hope the info es useful.
Hi thank u so much for the input;congrats on your sales it is inspiring to learn how others succeed in this journey. The paypal capturing email before proceeding to pay sounds technical for me; do u know if this is a plug in thingy or i have to ask support?

Rechell

@Yaros hello, how are you today?
please help I got another 2 abandoned cart yesterday; the customer tried it twice I think coz they are the same customer and same items...is it really necessary for paypal to ask for ID number if you do not have paypal account even just for 9$ or even less? I have tried it before and it requires me to create a paypal account to proceed. hope you could look at my case. thank you x

Rechell

got another abandoned cart yesterday for 19.90$ :(
i have paypal business account how come it does not work for buyers not to create an account?
please resolve this how come it requires non paypal users to create an account even if business account.. webrily i paid without using paypal account and it did not require me to create an account :(

kingpin

Hey guys for anyone having problems with PayPal account where customers can not pay directly using credit or debit card Should follow the steps below

QlsFbvu.jpg

Rechell

Thank you King for your help! the Paypal Account Optional button under my selling tools is not showing so Im raising it to Paypal x

Rechell

I did not get any feedback yet but if that is the case then it is so disappointing as it means losing those buyers who does not want to open an account to proceed payment

kingpin

I did not get any feedback yet but if that is the case then it is so disappointing as it means losing those buyers who does not want to open an account to proceed payment

Its country specific

My paypal account is 10 years old

Wait for them to reply. You can contact them on their customer care telephone numbers also to get fast feedback

Ryan

Didn't want to make a new topic so will write here.

Got an abandoned cart US $147.00 from a guy who wrote me on Facebook before.

I asked him if there were any store errors or he just changed his mind and I asked maybe I can help. He answered
"The store wouldn't accept my debit card
1f4b3.png
so left it alone for now."

I have only PayPal and this guy is from the United States. Don't know why Paypal didn't accept his card. I have had few high payments before successfully.

kingpin

Didn't want to make a new topic so will write here.

Got an abandoned cart US $147.00 from a guy who wrote me on Facebook before.

I asked him if there were any store errors or he just changed his mind and I asked maybe I can help. He answered
"The store wouldn't accept my debit card
1f4b3.png
so left it alone for now."

I have only PayPal and this guy is from the United States. Don't know why Paypal didn't accept his card. I have had few high payments before successfully.

It's the user's bank that might have blocked him paying