PHP 8 Compatibility

timothy

@George Murdasov @Dimitriy Strekalov

Hello, the encoders for php 8.1 are also now available.

5TH AUGUST UPDATE: Online Encoder has been updated with PHP 8.1 encoding support. Version 12.0.0 Loaders now available (Linux only for now, other operating systems will follow soon after).

Please see here: https://blog.ioncube.com/2022/08/05/ioncube-php-8-1-support-faq-were-almost-ready/

Can you please get the team to update the Alidropship Plugin to php 8.1? Can you let us know an estimated release date?

This is very urgent.

Thanks

Georgy

@George Murdasov @Dimitriy Strekalov

Hello, the encoders for php 8.1 are also now available.

5TH AUGUST UPDATE: Online Encoder has been updated with PHP 8.1 encoding support. Version 12.0.0 Loaders now available (Linux only for now, other operating systems will follow soon after).

Please see here: https://blog.ioncube.com/2022/08/05/ioncube-php-8-1-support-faq-were-almost-ready/

Can you please get the team to update the Alidropship Plugin to php 8.1? Can you let us know an estimated release date?

This is very urgent.

Thanks
Hi, i have passed this info, we will take a look on it

Best regards,
George

timothy

Hi @George Murdasov

Please could you give an estimated timeline as to when the php 8 version for Alidropship Woo will be released?

We need to update asap as our hosting provider is forcing us to move to php 8.

Any timeframe would be helpful.

Thanks

Georgy

Hi @George Murdasov

Please could you give an estimated timeline as to when the php 8 version for Alidropship Woo will be released?

We need to update asap as our hosting provider is forcing us to move to php 8.

Any timeframe would be helpful.

Thanks
Hi, we have to wait their Windows version, right now encoder available only under Linux OS

timothy

@George Murdasov

Hello, the ion cube loaders and encoders for php 8.1 are now available (including both the windows and linux version) - see here:

The windows version for the loaders are also available.

Can you please move Alidropship Woo plugin to php 8.1 now? It is very urgent as our hosting provider will no longer support php 7.4 soon. Ion cube has released all the loaders and encoders for php 8.1 already

Thanks

Georgy

@George Murdasov

Hello, the ion cube loaders and encoders for php 8.1 are now available (including both the windows and linux version) - see here:

The windows version for the loaders are also available.

Can you please move Alidropship Woo plugin to php 8.1 now? It is very urgent as our hosting provider will no longer support php 7.4 soon. Ion cube has released all the loaders and encoders for php 8.1 already

Thanks
Thank you! Yes, i have already passed that info to developers, we are working on that

timothy

@George Murdasov

Hello, can I have an update on the release date for the php 8.1 support for Alidropship Woo? We really need to update to php 8.1 as our hosting provider is moving us to php 8 by end of August.

Can you give us an estimate? It is very urgent now. Thanks

Last edited:

Georgy

@George Murdasov

Hello, can I have an update on the release date for the php 8.1 support for Alidropship Woo? We really need to update to php 8.1 as our hosting provider is moving us to php 8 by end of August.

Can you give us an estimate? It is very urgent now. Thanks
Hi, we will try to deliver it in the middle of the September, cause a lot of tests needed

btw, what is your hosting provider? Because it is ridiculous to push for moving to the new version of PHP, while tons of plugins using ioncube loader, while they just release needful versions under php8.

You can easily switch to our hosting, which is specially created for e-commerce and dropshippers needs, and fully supported by our team and you will never face issue such as with yours hosting

timothy

@George Murdasov Thanks for the update.

We are using Kinsta and they are forcing everyone to upgrade to php 8 by end September. So hopefully the php 8 version Alidropship Woo would be released so that we can update asap.

Thanks for your help

chris37

@George Murdasov Thanks for the update.

We are using Kinsta and they are forcing everyone to upgrade to php 8 by end September. So hopefully the php 8 version Alidropship Woo would be released so that we can update asap.

Thanks for your help
If they dont then I suggest you start changing your hosting from now. https://www.interserver.net/r/687499 is offering free migration to them server and supports all of the PHP version (one reliable hosting must do that and https://www.interserver.net/r/687499 just offer that for you)

Regard

Last edited:

chris37

Hi, we will try to deliver it in the middle of the September, cause a lot of tests needed

btw, what is your hosting provider? Because it is ridiculous to push for moving to the new version of PHP, while tons of plugins using ioncube loader, while they just release needful versions under php8.

You can easily switch to our hosting, which is specially created for e-commerce and dropshippers needs, and fully supported by our team and you will never face issue such as with yours hosting
Hello @George Murdasov

I hope you doing well.

I completely understand what you saying and I agree 99% with you. Your hosting must allow you to do whatever you want in your plan including the ability to use the php version you like. BUT a few plugins start to make updates, for you to be able to use that update your PHP version must be above 8.0. For example, Mailchimp for woocommerce can not be updated because my PHP version is 7.4. If I upgrade to 8.0 the alidropship plugin and add-one are not compatible.

I understand the pressure your developer having right now but is a serious matter that needs to be addressed as fast as possible. Imagine if a major update happens on woocommerce or even in the payment gateway plugins that will force you to use PHP above 8.0.

Please keep us posted about the upcoming update of the alidropship plugin and add-ons.

Regards
Chris

Last edited:

Georgy

Hello @George Murdasov

I hope you doing well.

I completely understand what you saying and I agree 99% with you. Your hosting must allow you to do whatever you want in your plan including the ability to use the php version you like. BUT few plugins they start to make updates, for you be able to use that update your php version must be above 8.0. For example mailchimp for woocommerce can not be updated because my PHP version is the 7.4 . If I upgrade to 8.0 the alidropship plugin and add-one are not compatible.

I understand the pressure your developer having right now but is a serious matter that need to be addressed as fast is possible. Imagine if a major update happen on woocommerce or even in they payment gateway plugins that will force you to use PHP above 8.0 .

Please keep us posted about the upcoming update of the alidropship plugin and add-ons.

Regards
Chris
Hi Chris! Thank you for pointing us. As I said above we will try to deliver in the middle of September, and this is the fastest option that we have right now

Georgy

Hi @George Murdasov

Please could you provide an approximate release date? It is already the middle of September and we need the php 8 version of the Alidropship Woo plugin asap. Thanks
Hi, unfortunately can't estimate right now. We have faced some issues while testing, so we are working right now to resolve them. We are trying to deliver it as fast as it possible