How to improve Rubens Theme load speed?

JorgeL

Hi Folks,

I am currently using the Rubens theme for my site but I find the loading speed slow mainly for the banner images!... there is always a lag while loading those images despite they have been optimized.

Also, I know this is not a particular issue for me because I can see the lag even in the demo site of the theme.
Link: https://rubens.alidropship.com/?_gl=1*h9fd2o*_ga*MTM4MzE5MjY3MS4xNjA1NDQ3Mzk5*_ga_N61JMV0DFW*MTYxNDcwNDc2OTQyNy43c2JzYjFrLjEuMC4xNjE0NzA0NzY5LjA.

So I wonder if someone has the same problem and if there is a solution for this that doesn't involve getting a CDN service?

I think this may be a theme issue as I can see that some other theme doesn't have this kind of problem.

chris37

I am currently using the Rubens theme for my site but I find the loading speed slow mainly for the banner images!... there is always a lag while loading those images despite they have been optimized.
reduce the site of the image with photoshop, this does not mean lose quality of the image, find an image which is high quality and low site , even a average graphic design can locate this image and fix it.

So I wonder if someone has the same problem and if there is a solution for this that doesn't involve getting a CDN service?
CDN is free ,you can use cloudflare ! also the image of your site you kind you the alicdn to load them .

I think this may be a theme issue as I can see that some other theme doesn't have this kind of problem.
Yes a no :) Rubens have a huge image home screen so is normal do have a bigger image .

Best Regard
Chris

JorgeL

Hi Chris,

reduce the site of the image with photoshop, this does not mean lose quality of the image, find an image which is high quality and low site, even an average graphic design can locate this image and fix it.

Yes, I reduced the size of the images with Photoshop also tried different software like GIMP but it didn't improve drastically. However, I did some tweaks to my W3 Cache plugin and now it is a lot faster (there is still a little bit of lag in the second slide, so, I increased the slide times to allow more time to load the images).

CDN is free ,you can use cloudflare ! also the image of your site you kind you the alicdn to load them .

Thanks for this tip. I didn't know Cloudflare has a Free tier, I may tried later.

Yes a no :) Rubens have a huge image home screen so is normal do have a bigger image .
Yes, I agree but it would be nice if Alidropship team implements some kind of lazy load to this theme like the Shopkeeper theme. Because if I had noticed that before I wouldn't go for this theme and maybe for some of their premium ones.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Jorge

chris37

Yes, I reduced the size of the images with Photoshop also tried different software like GIMP but it didn't improve drastically. However, I did some tweaks to my W3 Cache plugin and now it is a lot faster (there is still a little bit of lag in the second slide, so, I increased the slide
Is a specific way to make it photoshop

Thanks for this tip. I didn't know Cloudflare has a Free tier, I may tried later.
Yes they have free version

Yes, I agree but it would be nice if Alidropship team implements some kind of lazy load to this theme
I think ruben theme have lazy load including in the theme