thief, fraud, or mistake?

jojo

Hi.
Can anyone explain to me how the numbering of new orders works?
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it happens to me that no order arrives for a few days. Subsequently, when I receive the order, the order number is much higher than the number that should logically follow. I am sending a picture in the attachment. Several people have access to the admin section and I have a woocommerce version.
Is it possible that some orders are being redirected in some way? So someone is stealing them from me?
Thanks.

Attachments

• proof.png
    proof.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 21

chris37

Hi.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it happens to me that no order arrives for a few days. Subsequently, when I receive the order, the order number is much higher than the number that should logically follow. I am sending a picture in the attachment. Several people have access to the admin section and I have a woocommerce version.
Is it possible that some orders are being redirected in some way? So someone is stealing them from me?
Thanks.
Is possible but rare, (even if someone somehow remote have access in your account)

1) usually is woocommerce bug.

2)someone of your hosting team still information from you (very rare)

3)someone remotely have access in your website and know exacly what going on and how to management the order.

What you can do!!
Install wordfence in your website.

When someone remotely or even you access to your account in gonna infor you by email.
With this way you gonna know if something go wrong!

But don't worry how i say in the first example is most likecly woocommerce bug.

Thomas34

Is possible but rare, (even if someone somehow remote have access in your account)

1) usually is woocommerce bug.

2)someone of your hosting team still information from you (very rare)

3)someone remotely have access in your website and know exacly what going on and how to management the order.

What you can do!!
Install wordfence in your website.

When someone remotely or even you access to your account in gonna infor you by email.
With this way you gonna know if something go wrong!

But don't worry how i say in the first example is most likecly woocommerce bug.
I have the same problem, but didn't give it up. Now I'll try to install wordfence, I hope it's still a bug

jojo

1, I have logged out all users.
2, I changed my password.
3, I activated 2-step verification.

Since then, the order numbers go in order, no number is missing.
@Yaros can you advise us where the problem may be?

Georgy

Hi.
Thanks.
Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

It is how WooCommerce/WordPress is working. Orders number, posts, categories, products, tags, comments, etc. are based on 'Post ID' (unique number). When you are getting a new order, the system is checking the next available 'Post ID' and attaching it to the order.

Since there can happen many things in WordPress, thus order number might be not sequential. If you want to customize it, you can check the info below:
https://woocommerce.com/products/sequential-order-numbers-pro/
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/sequential-order-numbers/

Best regards,
George