Rubens banner and sticky header

Mr Green

Hi all,

I’m not sure if I’m alone but I personally find the homepage banner (recommended size: 1920*960px) takes up a fair amount of retail space and therefore looking that reducing the height of this by approx. 50%

I’ve played around with CSS using the height attribute to modify this - would be nice if one could specify banner size in the home customize section

Using:

.mainowl {height:395px; overflow: hidden;}

However one of the issues (apart from many other formatting issues due to the change in banner size - but I can play around with this more) is the sticky header

The sticky header - which appears to change display once you scroll past the banner – still triggers much further down the page (in line with the original banner size settings it seems)

Is there a fairly simple solution to trigger the header display much earlier, in line with the changes to the revised banner height? Or is meddling with JavaScript required?

any direction would be appreciated, or tips on how to better achieve the above

Regards
Mr Green

Mr Green

Remember. Mobile first. Then this problem fades into insignificance. Keep that in mind if you find no solution.
Cheers will bear that in mind especially for any future changes/themes I may fiddle with

I do believe currently the themes intention is that the banner takes up approx one full screen then content follows

Did a quick test on mobile and tablet and scales to 1 screen

Direct Webstore

Mobile sales are now over 50% ... "Desktop" use is declining. Hence the popular term among theme designers is "Mobile first, Desktop Second" when designing or customizing themes.

The Smartphone is killing laptops, notebooks, and desktops amongst the non-computer orientated masses.

1603757514182.png

I wonder if the Alidropship team did any research on what is effective sales-wise when they designed the banner that way. @Ekaterina Sayapina ?