Unable to Add Order Number with Wordpress 5.5

pinno

Hello,
I have just installed Wordpress 5.5 and found that I can no longer add order numbers, that pop-up window simply wont show any more. Please take a look into this and get it solved asap. Thank you.

Direct Webstore

I have just installed Wordpress 5.5
Firstly, disable auto-updating of WordPress and don't ever update it "immediately" again unless you have your site backed up, which I doubt you have. Nobody has. (Except me, lol)

I can no longer add order numbers
Add order "numbers'? Where do we "add numbers" to orders in Woocommerce? Or where do we add an "order number" to something? Add them to what?

that pop-up window simply wont show any more.
What window? Where? When?

Please take a look into this and get it solved asap.
Into what?

Your explanation is a bit sparse. You should write to support@alidropship.com if it's "important", but give them more details than you provided here or you may never get a reply.

Last edited:

the_lyall

Nobody has.
... I have :p auto daily backups and manual backups before major updates (or after a load of work, just to be safe). Updraft has saved my skin too many times...

I think he's talking about when you can enter the AliExpress order numbers manually in the order edit page, as when you click the link under each product it opens in a modal window ('pop up')

the_lyall

Also there's a good plugin called WP Rollback and also WP Downgrade if you need to undo plugin updates. WP Rollback doesn't work with all plugins but should cover the major ones.

Direct Webstore

chris37

... I have :p auto daily backups and manual backups before major updates (or after a load of work, just to be safe). Updraft has saved my skin too many times...

I think he's talking about when you can enter the AliExpress order numbers manually in the order edit page, as when you click the link under each product it opens in a modal window ('pop up')
Guys to you use the free version or the pay one updraft plugin?
Also do you store you back up in google drive or somewhere else?
Thank in advance.

the_lyall

Thank in advance.
I just use the free version. I have a couple of sites backed up to Google drive but most are just backed up locally to the server since my hosting has auto backups included. For complete resilience you should backup to an external source, but if the site is live you can't (shouldn't) store customer data in Google drive as the privacy policy doesn't cover business use at all. I find just having local backups is fine for allowing a quick restore if your hosting already includes other backups in case of a major disaster.

Mar

Thank in advance.
I am using the paid version of UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore plugin and store backup files in Google drive. Also, InterServer has a default Jetbackup in cPanel. It regularly back up everything in the website. Backup restore is straight forward. A single file can be restored, e.g. a single plugin or a single theme or a single image without affecting other files, So if you have issues after any plugin or theme update, you can easily restore the old version. Or restore a whole folder or a whole directory or database. Very flexible. Backup files are stored in the program's server, not eating local server space.

1597558885694.png

chris37

I am using the paid version of UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore plugin and store backup files in Google drive. Also, InterServer has a default Jetbackup in cPanel. It regularly back up everything in the website. Backup restore is straight forward. A single file can be restored, e.g. a single plugin or a single theme or a single image without affecting other files, So if you have issues after any plugin or theme update, you can easily restore the old version. Or restore a whole folder or a whole directory or database. Very flexible. Backup files are stored in the program's server, not eating local server space.

View attachment 12573

Thanks...

chris37

I have wordpress 5.5 and this pop-up for entering order number is working.

The last wordpress update cause many issues with alidropship themes... I allready sent them email about da vinci woo, I also see many members complain about them own alidropship themes.

Maybe cause and issues to some of the plugins we didnt notices yet.
I notice issue in my wishlist heart loading on single products pages .

pinno

The last wordpress update cause many issues with alidropship themes... I allready sent them email about da vinci woo, I also see many members complain about them own alidropship themes.

Maybe cause and issues to some of the plugins we didnt notices yet.
I notice issue in my wishlist heart loading on single products pages .
yeah I heard that wordpress 5.5 is a major upgrade. I first thought the problem i had was from alidropship woo but I tried checking other plugins after receiving comfirmation from Mar that hers was working fine and I found that it was actually not alidropship woo that was the problem. My site is now working normally. I have all my stuff backed up every 6 hours I hope its good.

Clotibrut

Ok, so now I understand what my problem might be. Thanks for the answers in this thread! I’ve just installed the 5.5 version and encountered this problem. Are the newer versions better? I wanted to write an article about the difference between the real numbers and integers like the one on https://difference-between.net/difference-between-real-numbers-and-integers/, but the new system would not let me do it. It just does not want to show the numbers properly. It also does not properly demonstrate fractions, and I think I might need to switch back to an older version.

Last edited: