Paypal payment Status On Hold

Ryan

Hey, everyone!

This is happening the first time, but maybe anyone else has been in this situation.

I got an email with purchase notification. On my website dashboard payment says: On Hold.
I checked PayPal and it says "The sender of this payment is Unregistered"
Also, shows Status: Pending.

Already 12 hours have been passed and no changes.

Should I still wait or have to do anything regarding this situation?

Have anyone experienced something similar?

Ryan

Payment via Express Checkout Pending.
PayPal reason: Order: The payment is pending because it is part of an order that has been authorized but not settled..

neeraj89

Payment via Express Checkout Pending.
PayPal reason: Order: The payment is pending because it is part of an order that has been authorized but not settled..
whatever the reason. Ship when the payment is complete.

SauDev

I am just thinking out loud here If the payment is via a buyer with his credit/debit card who has no paypal account this issue will so is there a way to make the payment only by people who have paypal accounts?

Mar

I am just thinking out loud here If the payment is via a buyer with his credit/debit card who has no paypal account this issue will so is there a way to make the payment only by people who have paypal accounts?
I can't think of any reason of that backward suggestion. Buyers who can pay with Paypal even without Paypal account is a huge advantage to store owners, Also, Alidropship has nothing to do with PayPal policies.

SauDev

I can't think of any reason of that backward suggestion. Buyers who can pay with Paypal even without Paypal account is a huge advantage to store owners, Also, Alidropship has nothing to do with PayPal policies.
Firstly let me say how glad I'm to get a reply from you I have been reading a lot in the forums and I've seen many posts by you and mostly gained good knowledge from most of the answers you post.

That being said I don't have the money to cover my sales and wait for paypal's release of the money when items gets delivered so either I stop this payment method or figure a way to pay from my own pocket.

I am trying still to solve this issue, my resolution is to change the payment gateway which if you didn't guess it 2checkout and advice people not to choose it unless they are up and running since it is most likely wont be a good choice for starters like myself.

Of course what did not work for me might be the perfect solution for someone else

Mar

Firstly let me say how glad I'm to get a reply from you I have been reading a lot in the forums and I've seen many posts by you and mostly gained good knowledge from most of the answers you post.

That being said I don't have the money to cover my sales and wait for paypal's release of the money when items gets delivered so either I stop this payment method or figure a way to pay from my own pocket.
The money being held by Paypal is a part of buyer protection. It don't happen all the time, but it happen for a number of reasons. Paypal will hold the money regardless of the buyer having Paypal account or not. So thinking of only buyers with Paypal account should be allowed to pay with Paypal just don't make sense.
I am trying still to solve this issue, my resolution is to change the payment gateway which if you didn't guess it 2checkout and advice people not to choose it unless they are up and running since it is most likely wont be a good choice for starters like myself.
It would be nice to have another payment gateway. But unfortunately it is not so easy. In payment gateways, it is the company who screen and choose clients, not the other way around. 2checkout is a good example. You are very lucky if your 2checkout account was approved. For other users who tried, 99% is rejected.