Updating Products - Slow

RafaelFagulha

I have noticed that updating products with alidropship woo is very slow..
I update my products every morning but they take like 20min-30min to update around 120 products is this normal?

Is there any known plugins maybe that block the speed?

I have noticed that updating products with alidropship woo is very slow..
I update my products every morning but they take like 20min-30min to update around 120 products is this normal? Is there any known plugins maybe that block the speed?

Is it just when you update products or is the admin backend generally sluggish?

Since the updating process involves syncing data with the AliE site, we presume that there will be some dependence on the speed of the AliExpress site with it's network of servers clouds CDNs that hold millions of images and manage infinite number of script calls. We observed that our speed varies - for example, when we use the Reset/Update functions - sometimes split second refreshes, other times seems like it's hung and we need to call it off and re-try.

You can try some of these measures:

1. Like Windows, we try to update off peak hours so it does not disrupt our work. Allocate time specially for it so it does not feel like it's dragging on.

2. Also, try different times of the day to rule out bandwidth or internet bottleneck issues; the best time is when the rest of China is asleep ;)

3. If it's not a bandwidth or some local bottleneck issue, then you can start looking internally at what else may be hampering speed in general. Begin with a GTmetrix analysis of the site to check loading times of the various components (assets) and you might happen across some buggy slacker that's jamming things up. If it has to do with persistent calls from a particular plugin or script, then you might want to start looking there.

4. If everything is ship-shape and only the updating process is sluggish, you might want to tweak some of the update options, maybe do one category at a time, opt to leave the images on AliE (you will also save a lot of storage space on your server!).

5. We also found that the new 'Update status' utility while far from perfect (e.g. inaccurate status remarks, etc.) is immensely helpful. We normally try to do a Block action 'Reset' for products with an 'Update status' remark instead of doing a sitewide update. Even here, we found that doing 4 at a time seems optimal - we tried doing 10 at a go and it invariably stalls :(

6. Not sure if caching has anything to do with it, but we always do the 'clear cache' routine just to leave it out of the equation :cool:

Maybe none of the above applies to your situation - and 20-30 minutes is relative; we have 1000+ products and have stuck to batch and piecemeal updating to avoid slag ... so far so good :)