Add "Subscribe to newsletter" option on checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick84

Hello, as per the title and attached snapshot from a different store (not running on AliDropship) could you please add the checkbox for users to subscribe to newsletter on checkout? At the moment I do collect emails but based on the MailChimp policy you cannot actually use these emails for newsletter campaigns unless you have an explicit consent from customer (opt-in).
Buyers can still uncheck the box if they want of course, but by default I think these are normally checked.

Screenshot_20171008-161738.jpg

Tylor

Hello, thank you for sharing your ideas with us. Maybe we will implement this option later.
Hi,

I think this is an essential option as well as more options to show the newletter subscription field in other pages than only homepage. I 100% support it.

Kind regards,

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You can do this with Woocommerce already ... by various means.

as well as more options to show the newletter subscription field in other pages than only homepage.
It's in the footer ... so it does appear on every page. (And an additional one in the blog section)

I suggest you install the free "Themify Popup" plugin and set up an "Exit popup" with a nice image and subscription box. Exit popups are fine as the customer is leaving the site anyway. I don't recommend any other popups. They're damned annoying.

Last edited:

Tylor

You can do this with Woocommerce already ... by various means.

It's in the footer ... so it does appear on every page. (And an additional one in the blog section)

I suggest you install the free "Themify Popup" plugin and set up an "Exit popup" with a nice image and subscription box. Exit popups are fine as the customer is leaving the site anyway. I don't recommend any other popups. They're damned annoying.
Hi,

thanks but I have to disagree with you: I'm a developer, I know very well Woocommerce since I made sites with it. Here I believe we're talking about Alidropship plugin not Alidropship Woo. I only know the plain Alidropship plugin not the Alidropship Woo that I believe is more flexible without any doubt. And of course WP (and BTW Woocommerce) is plenty of plugins for showing newsletter popups, etc.

"It's in the footer ... so it does appear on every page. (And an additional one in the blog section) " => no it is not. Only appears in the bottom part (and it is not exactly the footer part) of the homepage and the blog, please check i.e. here: http://raphael.alidropship.com/developing-the-composition-for-a-madonna-and-child-pencil-drawing/

Anyway I'm not really concerned about the appearing of the newsletter field in the rest of the pages. This is a hack that can be easily achieved with some knowledge of HTML and child theming, as well as the integration of other type of popups as I said before.

What we're talking about in this particular thread is on the lack of this option in the CHECKOUT PAGES as Nick84 very well stated above. We're simply asking for a very reasonable checkbox feature (with editable texts+links, so better if its and entire editable HTML field with the checkboxes inclusion), in order to allow users to subscribe to the newsletter when they do the purchase and the user registration.
And in this case and since Alidropship plugin is encrypted, its not possible to include it because those pages are directly generated by the plugin.

Kind regards,

Direct Webstore

I'm a developer, I
Aren't we all? lol ;)

I know very well Woocommerce since I made sites with it. Here I believe we're talking about Alidropship plugin not Alidropship Woo. I
I realise that. You can use an exit popup with the Original plugin as well. And they are much more effective than Checkout page checkboxes, and also comply with Opt in requirements. But having both is better of course.

You can use just about any 3rd party plugin with the Original as long as has nothing to do with the product tables and/or it has shortcodes you can insert into edited theme files (in a child theme). As a developer, you probably realise this already, right?

"It's in the footer ... so it does appear on every page. (And an additional one in the blog section) " => no it is not.
You're right. It's been ages since I used the Original. I was thinking of the Davinci theme. My bad.

Anyway I'm not really concerned about the appearing of the newsletter field in the rest of the pages. This is a hack that can be easily achieved with some knowledge of HTML and child theming
But you did bring it up ... hence my reply.

, as well as the integration of other type of popups as I said before.
Sorry, I don't see where you said that in this thread.

What we're talking about in this particular thread is on the lack of this option in the CHECKOUT PAGES as Nick84 very well stated above.
That's right. I fully realise that. I was just responding to this ...
more options to show the newletter subscription field in other pages than only homepage.
Which has nothing to do with what Nick wanted ... but I thought I'd respond anyway, seeing as you brought it up. You can't really make off topic comments and complain when someone responds to them ... lol

;)

Last edited:

Tylor

Aren't we all? lol ;)

I realise that. You can use an exit popup with the Original plugin as well. And they are much more effective than Checkout page checkboxes, and also comply with Opt in requirements. But having both is better of course.

You can use just about any 3rd party plugin with the Original as long as has nothing to do with the product tables and/or it has shortcodes you can insert into edited theme files (in a child theme). As a developer, you probably realise this already, right?

You're right. It's been ages since I used the Original. I was thinking of the Davinci theme. My bad.

But you did bring it up ... hence my reply.

Sorry, I don't see where you said that in this thread.

That's right. I fully realise that. I was just responding to this ...

Which has nothing to do with what Nick wanted ... but I thought I'd respond anyway, seeing as you brought it up. You can't really make off topic comments and complain when someone responds to them ... lol

;)
Hi,

as far as I see not everybody here is a professional designer/developer. And I said that just to avoid basic answers, not to put medals on my jacket because I don't really need them at all ;)

As I also said: I know how to put newsletter opt-ins around on a WP site. Anyway I'm not sure about your assertion here: "You can use an exit popup with the Original plugin as well ". I didn't tried it, but I already struggled like a lot to hook the functionalities and improve a bit the lacks of the original plugin, even if the original plugin is pretty good compared to the theme (Raphael: that is very poorly coded... ok ok its free I know...).

I stumbled upon this thread because I had exactly the same concern as Nick. I just added to Nick's requirement the additional requirement of also having the built-in functionality for injecting the opt-ins in other parts of the site using the same built-in functionality that is already implemented by default. And that is precisely to avoid the extra job of having to make it myself. If there's a newsletter opt-in in the homepage footer it will be not very difficult to make it available also for the rest of the pages. Am I right? ;) That's exactly what I wanted to say when I said "integration of other type of popups ". I think that was clearly said by me and very understandable even if I'm not an english speaker: sorry for my bad english BTW :)

And you're right that wasn't Nick's request and I was out of the thread like a bit, but not that much since it is very closely related to his topic. Anyway I respect you when you say I made an off topic comment, but I felt the necessity of saying that to avoid the fact of opening new threads for every single question/suggestion that comes into my mind (I assure you I have many of it).

So now my question for you if you don't mind: I can see you are an experienced "Alidropshipper", that's why I would like to ask you why do you think that the "exit popup with the Original plugin is much more effective than Checkout page checkboxes". As far as I know with my experience with ecommerce sites, it is like a standardized mandatory stuff the fact of building up an opt-in checkbox in the checkout pages as Nick84 also illustrated in his request.

If you think this is another off-topic, feel free to censore me and I'll probably look into another thread or open a new one myself. Since I recently joined you guys I'm probably still not very well warned on this particular forum rules.

Many thanks for your time and patience.

Kind regards,

Mar

Hi,

I think this is an essential option as well as more options to show the newletter subscription field in other pages than only homepage. I 100% support it.

Kind regards,
It is not essential at all. If it is, the option should have been there already.

Tylor

It is not essential at all. If it is, the option should have been there already.
Hi,

could you argue a little more your assertion? BTW this isn't the only (in my personal opinion) essential functionality I miss from the Aliexpress plugin. If you don't like the word essential then stick to a "should be there" function if you wish.

Kind regards,

Direct Webstore

For God's sake ... lol
mmm... ok thanks anyway :)

Kind regards,
The overly lengthy reply on a topic you brought up and ironically complained about being off topic was just a huge mountain being made out of a molehill, that's all. Hence my incredulous, but light hearted reply ;)

BTW this isn't the only (in my personal opinion) essential functionality I miss from the Aliexpress plugin.
Aliexpress plugin? What plugin is that? I didn't know they had one. Are you talking about Oberlo/Shopify or something?

EDIT: On second thoughts. Don't worry about it. Let's get back to the checkbox issue. :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Let's get back to the checkbox issue. :)
At the moment I do collect emails but based on the MailChimp policy you cannot actually use these emails for newsletter campaigns unless you have an explicit consent from customer (opt-in).

That's right. Even with Woo you need a plugin for a particular newsletter or email service to have a checkbox. e.g, I use the Mailpoet3 newsletter plugin plus an extra Woocommerce/Mailpoet checkbox plugin. The Original's email list is not connected to any newsletter and would upset entities like Mailchimp. I don't have that problem by running my own hosted newsletter from my sites (Mailpoet)

I'd say, just forget it. This is just another request in a long, long list of requests for an "off the shelf, all in one" plugin" with everything built in, that the Original is. If every request for this and that was actually built into it, it would be sinking into the ground under it's own weight like some struggling, lumbering dinosaur. And in that light, this comment is definitely true ...

People who need specialized functions like this really just have to use a "modular system" like Woo ... where they can pick and choose what functions they want.

Simple as that.

:)

Tylor

Aliexpress plugin? What plugin is that? I didn't know they had one. Are you talking about Oberlo/Shopify or something?
Correction: I meant Alidropship Original plugin. Sorry :D

People who need specialized functions like this really just have to use a "modular system" like Woo ... where they can pick and choose what functions they want.
Well, that's exactly the problem here. Even using i.e. Woocommerce together with Alidropship we will face the same exact problems since Alidropship both Original and Woo are encrypted plugins, so impossible to hook them functionalities in parts that are injected by the plugin itself like the checkout pages in this particular case.

BTW: in Europe is mandatory by the law to have opt-in checkboxes and links when it comes to get personal data and/or newsletter subsciption, even simple contact form (GDPR consent policies).

Thanks for all and also for your sense of humor :D

Last edited:

chris37

Hi,

thanks but I have to disagree with you: I'm a developer, I know very well Woocommerce since I made sites with it. Here I believe we're talking about Alidropship plugin not Alidropship Woo. I only know the plain Alidropship plugin not the Alidropship Woo that I believe is more flexible without any doubt. And of course WP (and BTW Woocommerce) is plenty of plugins for showing newsletter popups, etc.

"It's in the footer ... so it does appear on every page. (And an additional one in the blog section) " => no it is not. Only appears in the bottom part (and it is not exactly the footer part) of the homepage and the blog, please check i.e. here: http://raphael.alidropship.com/developing-the-composition-for-a-madonna-and-child-pencil-drawing/

Anyway I'm not really concerned about the appearing of the newsletter field in the rest of the pages. This is a hack that can be easily achieved with some knowledge of HTML and child theming, as well as the integration of other type of popups as I said before.

What we're talking about in this particular thread is on the lack of this option in the CHECKOUT PAGES as Nick84 very well stated above. We're simply asking for a very reasonable checkbox feature (with editable texts+links, so better if its and entire editable HTML field with the checkboxes inclusion), in order to allow users to subscribe to the newsletter when they do the purchase and the user registration.
And in this case and since Alidropship plugin is encrypted, its not possible to include it because those pages are directly generated by the plugin.

Kind regards,

You have so few message in this forum and ....
Do you start all your thread with "i am a developer " ?:p

You really you are not for someone to take you serious.

So thank for you are idea. I will use them us well,every thread I write I will start we the below lines;)

I am a developer.

I am a developer believe me.

I am a developer, I am speak serious please believe me.

I am a developer.:eek::eek::eek:

So Don't worry I believe you, watever make you happy, just understand that.

This is a member forum everybody can comment ,ask for help or give it.

You Don't need to try so hard to look clever or watever needing your ego,nobody know you personal and propaply nobody of here you gonna meet ever.
So take the advice give to you by then member and don't you try to show something you are not.

And before I forget did I say to you i am a developer?:eek:

Anyway beside the joke, I wish you all the best. most of us here we try to make some extra money this difficult time,some of us have succeeded it more or less.
Have good day.

Tylor

You have so few message in this forum and ....
Do you start all your thread with "i am a developer " ?:p

You really you are not for someone to take you serious.

So thank for you are idea. I will use them us well,every thread I write I will start we the below lines;)

I am a developer.

I am a developer believe me.

I am a developer, I am speak serious please believe me.

I am a developer.:eek::eek::eek:

So Don't worry I believe you, watever make you happy, just understand that.

This is a member forum everybody can comment ,ask for help or give it.

You Don't need to try so hard to look clever or watever needing your ego,nobody know you personal and propaply nobody of here you gonna meet ever.
So take the advice give to you by then member and don't you try to show something you are not.

And before I forget did I say to you i am a developer?:eek:

Anyway beside the joke, I wish you all the best. most of us here we try to make some extra money this difficult time,some of us have succeeded it more or less.
Have good day.
Just wondering why is bothering you the fact that yes in fact I am positively a developer. And yes, I have to point out this sometimes to rapidly avoid people like you in this kind of forums, people who just misunderstood my issues and just spit rude comments to call the attentions and try to appear clever. So you are right that I'm using your beloved word to try to point direct to the right people.

And BTW the serious Alidropship plugin developers (yes, they are developers despite the fact that this word seems to create a great pain inside you, who knows why) were always taking me seriously and they always helped me, they never treated me the way you or maybe others do.

I can also positively say that I found bugs and issues they gently corrected, contrary of what others said that I'm kind of useless here (maybe I helped the community far more than you who pass the day spamming other's comments).

Also: Dude, I'm incredibly amazed with the fact that you took every single comment so personal and you employ your (probably not very busy) time trying to spam all my single posts.

Did you also took the time to read every single post of mine to spam? Wow! Amazing job dude :)
Yes! that's the job of a real DEVELOPER. I'm just an amateur compared to you :D hehehe!

So now: What of both egos are we talking about here my dear friend?

Have a good day,

chris37

Just wondering why is bothering you the fact that yes in fact I am positively a developer. And yes, I have to point out this sometimes to rapidly avoid people like you in this kind of forums, people who just misunderstood my issues and just spit rude comments to call the attentions and try to appear clever. So you are right that I'm using your beloved word to try to point direct to the right people.

And BTW the serious Alidropship plugin developers (yes, they are developers despite the fact that this word seems to create a great pain inside you, who knows why) were always taking me seriously and they always helped me, they never treated me the way you or maybe others do.

I can also positively say that I found bugs and issues they gently corrected, contrary of what others said that I'm kind of useless here (maybe I helped the community far more than you who pass the day spamming other's comments).

Also: Dude, I'm incredibly amazed with the fact that you took every single comment so personal and you employ your (probably not very busy) time trying to spam all my single posts.

Did you also took the time to read every single post of mine to spam? Wow! Amazing job dude :)
Yes! that's the job of a real DEVELOPER. I'm just an amateur compared to you :D hehehe!

So now: What of both egos are we talking about here my dear friend?

Have a good day,

And is going on ;)

sorry I did understand nothing of the above ,propaply because I am a developer:D:D:D

How do I appear clever to you?
With the way I am trolling you?;)

Direct Webstore

I am a developer
Pretty much anyone who installs Wordpress, adds a theme and at least one other plugin is a "developer" according to most who use that title these days. The correct title for that sort of work is the old "Webmaster".

As far as I'm concerned, a "Wordpress Developer" is someone who designs and makes plugins, themes and/or Word Press Core changes. Anyone else claiming the title is an ignorant, but laughable wanker. And a true "developer" would not bother with the Original plugin, which is designed for newbies ... they'd use the Woo version with all its countless possibilities for customization.

I am positively a developer.

This guy, is positively a lady.

1595645875257.png

Truly! I mean, he said so! You can't argue with that!

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar
Status
Not open for further replies.