SMTP mailing service.

deep.sandeep

Hey! i am using SMTP Mailing service. It is not working with abandoned cart. I tested with myself, as i add item to cart abandoned cart shows results as well as remained time to send mail. As time finished abandoned cart showing email sent. But i did not get the mail. Why?

Also i searched in Knowledge base, Where i found this (Screenshot). I didn't understood those lines about SMTP, Is there any issue?

Attachments

• 23.png
    23.png
    15 KB · Views: 16

Direct Webstore

Check the SPAM/JUNK folder.

If you're using a crap host like GoDaddy or Hostgator that's used by a lot of scammers, your email service probably has them on a blacklist and any emails sent with SMPT via your site goes to SPAM.

I have a Hostgator account and an account with a smaller host called Interserver. SMPT emails send from my Hostgator hosted sites go to SPAM. Emails send from my sites on the smaller and less known Interserver host go straight to the inbox.

Needless to say ... I will be leaving Hostgator soon

;)

deep.sandeep

Yes you are right! Mail is in Spam box. I have Alidropship hosting and domain from Godaddy. How to resolve this problem? Any suggestions??

daudi250

try to obtain an account from amazon ses and set it up properly. Emails will go in inbox. I use SES for normal emails and transactional. you can use sendgrid, elasticemail, sparkpost and others for smtp

Mar

Yes you are right! Mail is in Spam box. I have Alidropship hosting and domain from Godaddy. How to resolve this problem? Any suggestions??
Hey! i am using SMTP Mailing service. It is not working with abandoned cart. I tested with myself, as i add item to cart abandoned cart shows results as well as remained time to send mail. As time finished abandoned cart showing email sent. But i did not get the mail. Why?

Also i searched in Knowledge base, Where i found this (Screenshot). I didn't understood those lines about SMTP, Is there any issue?
I am not sure of your SMTP setting. But it should be like below. You need to get in touch with your host provider and ask the default SMTP host. That is what your screenshot mean.

1556590482323.png

Direct Webstore

Any suggestions??
The only way to stop them from going to SPAM is to

1. Use a Host not blacklisted. A lot of scammy people do dropshipping and do SPAM abuse. Probably they use Alidropship's hosting and have ruined it. My smaller host is Interserver. All mails go to the Inbox.

2. Sign up to an email service like Mailchimp or Sendinblue They have free accounts for 400 emails per day. If you get more sales than that a day, you can afford to upgrade.

Find instructions for them here .. https://help.alidropship.com/?q=email

Don't use Sengrid service. They are also blacklisted because a lot of SPAMMERS and scammers use them.

;)

Direct Webstore

I am not sure of your SMTP setting. But it should be like below. You need to get in touch with your host provider and ask the default SMTP host. That is what your screenshot mean.
It's working ... but they just go to the SPAM box. Too many crap scammers and SPAMMING email campaign abusers using Alidropships hosting I guess. SMPT via Interserver goes to the Inbox I noticed. Another good thing about them. Hostgator's go to SPAM.

daudi250

I tried Sengrid long ago and emails went to the SPAM box. Research revealed that many ISPs have blacklisted them as a source of SPAM.

Ohk. just make sure your IP aint blacklisted and make sure you have setup DKIM, SPF Records. And your domain IP is not blacklisted.

There are free tools to check for blacklist.

Direct Webstore

i am thinking about Sendinblue

Yes. They're OK. I used them before with no problems. Easy to set up too if you follow the docs. The only reason I left is because I started to get too many sites to use them for free. I've used Mailchimp too. I presently use it with Hostgator. They're also OK, actually, they're great ... but the docs are a bit confusing at first.

;)

Last edited:

Mar

My smaller host is Interserver. All mails go to the Inbox.
I have tried to use mail delivery programs earlier, one was Pepipost. It did not work. Then Interserver support told me I don't have to use third party mail programs. As long as I use their default SMTP host, all my outgoing emails will be sent through MailChannels, their default mail program. All my emails now land in Inbox folder.

Direct Webstore

Interserver support told me I don't have to use third party mail programs. As long as I use their default SMTP host, all my outgoing emails will be sent through MailChannels, their default mail program. All my emails now land in Inbox folder.
That's right. I use SMPT with them too. With my Hostgator account, I have to use Mailchimp.

But I didn't know they integrated "MailChannels" for the SMPT ... it must be pretty clean too. I'm loving Interserver so much now. That was a really good find you made. :)

Last edited:

Mar

But I didn't know they integrated "MailChannels" for the SMPT ... it must be pretty clean too. I'm loving Interserver so much now. That was a really good find you made.
This is one of the updates to a ticket I submitted about Pepipost mail program: "Just by using the local smtp server webhosting2000.is.cc all mail automatically goes through mailchannels."

John Quaglieri
InterServer, Inc

Direct Webstore

Is there any proper solution with SMTP service only? If there please suggest with related articles or docs.

There is only ONE solution to using SMPT "only" as stated already. Using a non blacklisted website host. And they're hard to find.
There is already one example of a website host that has solved this problem as mentioned a couple of times in this thread already.
If you want to find more ... try a Google search. "Website hosts with guaranteed email delivery via SMPT"

And there is only ONE other solution to stop emails going to the SPAMBOX without SMPT and that's using a reputable email service like Send in Blue or Mailchimp ... also as stated already.

That's it. How many times do you need it all repeated?

;)

Last edited:

Nana

@Direct Webstore, thanks so much for the info.
i tried using mailchimp but i have to link it with my store's email but it seems not to work with the support@xxx.com type. is there any way out? can you also recommend a good setup tutorial for this?

Direct Webstore

Use a Gmail account for the Mailchimp account. You can use your sites email in the settings after you have signed up.

And my tutorial was the Mailchimp docs.