Issue with high CPU usage

waterlion

I think that the alidropship team should focus 100% on their Woocommerce version, and drop the original version.

Woocommerce has WAY more plugins than alidropship can ever create, along with 8000+ themes (Flatsome being one of the most functional themes out there since you can edit the product page).

But as an added bonus, Alidropship can implement a few of the very BASIC but missing/overpriced plugins being sold by Woocommerce (like Cost of Goods / Custom Order Status / Direct Variation Links)

But all of this is contingent on Woocommerce fixing their slow-ass performance issues.

Yaros

Staff member
I think that the alidropship team should focus 100% on their Woocommerce version, and drop the original version.

Woocommerce has WAY more plugins than alidropship can ever create, along with 8000+ themes (Flatsome being one of the most functional themes out there since you can edit the product page).

But as an added bonus, Alidropship can implement a few of the very BASIC but missing/overpriced plugins being sold by Woocommerce (like Cost of Goods / Custom Order Status / Direct Variation Links)

But all of this is contingent on Woocommerce fixing their slow-ass performance issues.
We are not planning to drop the original version, since it works much better for us, can be modified and optimised properly (not possible for WooCommerce) and most of our stores are running with the original one.

Mar

I have upgraded my VPS to have more resources but it did not help a bit. Since Auto Update crash the site if enabled, I update the products manually but it never progress to more than 0%. So there is really no way to update the products, the support team don't understand and is not capable of resolving the issue.

1548382359532.png

ofuroinu

I am having this issue and receiving warnings from hosting co that my site has used 90% of cpu and will shutdown once it reach limit
I am using original with davinci + happening when updating the google products to merchant and if importing products or review , etc.

Mar

I am having this issue and receiving warnings from hosting co that my site has used 90% of cpu and will shutdown once it reach limit
I am using original with davinci + happening when updating the google products to merchant and if importing products or review , etc.
This contradict to the statement of support that it is due to changes of WooCommerce and that this is happening to WooCommerce sites only. The more I have doubt in their statements now.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
We have beta version for those who faces with CPU issue on the original plugin, do you want to test it?

ofuroinu

We have beta version for those who faces with CPU issue on the original plugin, do you want to test it?

I prefer stable I faced problem previously my site complete knocked down dont remember which plugin was that, luckily the hosting company was smart enough to restore my site.

yepperdoodle

I have the same CPU issue. Using WooCommerce as well.

Is this problem only in connection with the Alidropship woo commerce plugin or also with the standard alidropship plugin?

Thanks

Mar

Is this problem only in connection with the Alidropship woo commerce plugin or also with the standard alidropship plugin?
There is a post in this thread, still about CPU usage issue with the original plugin. Although it is not exactly about Auto update, it is still about updating products. Also, the fact that there is a beta version for those who faces with CPU issue on the original plugin, that mean the issue is not exclusive to the woo version. Blaming other applications for an issue is a tactic that don't sell. Come to think of it, Auto update is one function of Alidropship plugin, why blame WooCommerce? Isn't it just a desperate reasoning for a problem of the product that is not resolved? It is taking advantage of the ignorance of the users.

waterlion

I'm curious how Alidropship will perform when the Woocommerce database is split up into separate tables, instead of one.

Yaros

Staff member
I'm curious how Alidropship will perform when the Woocommerce database is split up into separate tables, instead of one.
Unfortunatelly we can't fix WooCommerce to make AliDropship perform well with this platform. Here is an example:

This site uses WooCommerce+AliDropship Woo and has 2,000 products. Here its product page:

1.png

WooCommerce and AliDropship plugins are activated. No other plugins are enabled. We can see that WooCommerce itself creates 817 from 856 queries alone! and only several queries belong to AliDropship.

Here is an example of a site with 190,000 products that uses WordPress+AliDropship (without WooCommerce). Its product page:

single_product_alids_192500_products.jpg

We can see only 83 queries in TOTAL.

So, this is the difference between using several separate tables and only one single table.

Conclusion: AliDropship Woo plugin will perform well only if a site does not have many products (if a site has more than 500 products it can lead to troubles). Of course, there are many other factors here like the number of plugins used on a site, your server parameters and settings, your theme, cache tools, the number of product variations, etc. When AliDropship plugin starts updating products, WooCommerce needs to go through all the products you have in your store and send multiple requests and it can cause problems with database and CPU.

We will add a more delay for updating products, but I am not sure it will help much.

Last edited:

yepperdoodle

Hi peeps,

Here is what I noticed.

Basically I had woocommerce with the alidropship plugin and chrome alidrop extension, the cpu issues started.

We then deleted alidropship and woocommerce, but the cpu was still high, so we checked the logs and found out that there was a woocommerce resync going on.

We then disabled the chrome extension and cpu went down. we then cleaned the wordpress database from everything woocommerce and those 2 tables by alidropship.

I now set up my store on a sub domain (had to de-register the license to add it to the sub as this counts as a new domain). i then installed the proper alidropship plugin with raphael theme (btw, love the new dali, but the product pages need improvement (too much white space on the right - would love to beta test it).

I reconnected the chrome extension and all seems to work fine so far. am contemplating whether to use dropshipme for import. most probably i will try it.

So far i recommend using the main alidropship plugin with their own themes. woocommerce is just bleh and by using the main ali plugin
all is connected and works hand-in-hand. so far i am impressed in how easy the setup is. only thing i miss in terms of the theme, is that i need to know a bit of css to style fonts, select fonts and add drop-shadows and box shadows, to match my main site. if you guys could add that to your themes, that would be awesome.

I hope that what I wrote, will help someone. I thank God that my partner is a webhost and developer and I could look at the logs and learn things from him. Btw, if anyone needs speedy WordPress optimised hosting, do send me a pm.

I wish you all a lovely day.

PS: how can I beta test the Dali theme?

alexja33

I'm thinking of uninstalling woocommerce and having only wordpress with alidropship. I have 250 products installed using woocommerce. Can anyone give me any tips on how to migrate the products I have?