Any experience with Dropshipping + Print On Demand

Arnaldo

hi all.

Does anyone has tried to use a print on demand app service like Printify or Printful, along with dropshipping with alidropship/aliwoo (both on the same site)

i have few ideas to integrate it to my niche, just curious about your input for those who tried and managed to do that on their store.

Cheers.

Arnaldo

I didn’t updated this post. So I now confirm that it works seamlessly with Alidropship plugin. Alidropship will just operate only on product imported from Aliexpress, Printful or other services works well. When update price with Alidropship, it doesn’t touch to external print on demand or regular Woocommerce products. Short answer: yes it works. The only thing I didn’t found yet is how implement freeshipping for print on demand products. Printful customer support told me I just need to add the shipping price to their product price. But the problem is that doing so doesn’t allow for automated orders, you will have to pay orders manually on the site. So what I do now is freeshipping on all store products except ebroidered hats. Now I use interest print who does freeshipping. But they don’t propose embroidered hats yet. Still they have a very large collection, bigger than printful. Customcat seems good too since they allow print on branded items like Adidas polos etc... but not freeshipping. Hope that helps.

bingbang

Hi Arnaldo, have you implemented Printful or InterestPrint within your Alidropship plugin? I wish to start this also, but not done this yet outside of the AliExpress import method.

Arnaldo

Both woks without issues. Printful is easier to set up and has more quality item but I prefer interest print because of free shipping.

bingbang

Do you have any tips or guide on setting up interestprint, as an example? Or is there somewhere in this forum that details a "How-to" for POD?

Arnaldo

google search: Woocoomerce REST API.

Same for most POD service who don't provide a dedicated plugin like Printful.

It's easy but you'll have to learn.

Arnaldo

Yes use Woo for this but fasten your belt it’s way harder than original plugin. Choose wisely.

bingbang

Arnaldo, I have the original plugin already, got over 400 listed products from the plugin from AliExpress, so now want to introduce a POD (interestprint / Printful) somehow. Still possible using an API with a POD?

Arnaldo

For woo yes. For original i don’t know and i don’t think so. It’s not the way it was designed to do.

bingbang

Has anyone installed the WooCommerce plugin into their original Alidropship plugin, and it still works? More importantly, then, can I use a POD like interestprint on my site?

Arnaldo

@bingbang please be nice and learn the basics.

Choose either Alidropship for woocommerce OR Alidropship original. It’s not the same hence not compatible with Woo.

For POD only woocommerce will work.

Begin by more basic stuff first.

isabelleroger

Thank you for your message. So, If I understand well. It's not a plugin to install (for all the POD company) in the admin, but it's to learn how to do with Woocoomerce REST API? Printful has a plugin, but the rest, no.

Ok, I will search for woocommerce Rest Api. Hope to understand it :)

Thanks!

Arnaldo

Some POD providers (Printful) have their Woocommerce compatible plugin. Printful= great quality but high price low margin for us)

Others (most of them like InterestPrint) you will have to manually connect their service via Woo rest API.

It's really easy to do so, a little google search will help.

Cheers!

isabelleroger

Ok, perfect, thanks for you answer. I already started to browse google and youtube to understand it. I will learn it for sure. Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

There are many who have had great success with Print on Demand. It depends on how you market it. For starters, you don't need a plugin. You just need imagination, some brains and a bit of research. I'm have one whole site devoted to it that I just launched 5 weeks ago. It's getting steady orders already. (T-shirts and caps) There are many Aliexpress sellers that deal with it. You just need to search Aliexpress and contact sellers. You also need to use something like https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-checkout-field-editor-pro/ for customer details on their order.:)

Last edited:

isabelleroger

There are many who have had great success with Print on Demand. It depends on how you market it. For starters, you don't need a plugin. You just need imagination, some brains and a bit of research. I'm have one whole site devoted to it that I just launched 5 weeks ago. It's getting steady orders already. (T-shirts and caps) There are many Aliexpress sellers that deal with it. You just need to search Aliexpress and contact sellers. You also need to use something like https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-checkout-field-editor-pro/ for customer details on their order.:)

Oh, very intersting, thank you for the details. I am new to the game, I am still learning so I appreciate the details... Thanks

Arnaldo

I thought about that too. So your supplier for POD are only Aliexpress sellers? How to you manage orders? It's not automated? Or do you also also use Alidropship for this?

Do you forward them the design for every order? Just curious about that.

I mean you propose the design and let the customer add the details like "date of birth" "name" and so on at the checkhout page, right?