Social Media restricted API access

denicocc

As per privacy policy announced by Facebook (and also by Twitter and Instagram), they will restricted the 'publish_actions' and app permissions or features access removed.

New user who wish to use Twitter API required to go through a strict developer review process same goes with Instagram.

Pinterest already implemented this policy way earlier before than Facebook and Twitter did.

My plan is to purchase this plugin in the future.

I tried the demo, Instagram and Pinterest will have no issue with auto posting as no API is needed.

How does this will affect the Social Rabbit plugin in the future?

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hello, how can I adress you?
Thanks for reaching out!
Twitter and Instagram are working via our own Social Rabbit app with these apps, so it authoricses through it.
Facebook will work in the same way after a big update, that coming soon.

Mar

Hello, how can I adress you?
Thanks for reaching out!
Twitter and Instagram are working via our own Social Rabbit app with these apps, so it authoricses through it.
Facebook will work in the same way after a big update, that coming soon.
Nadezhda, my Social Rabbit is not posting in Pinterest, its been a month now. As suggested by Social Rabbit Skype support, I asked help from my hosting service and Pinterest itself, nothing happened. Hope you can try to resolve it. Again it has been a month now.

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hello, Mar.

As far as I know, there are issues on your server. We authorized on your Pinterest account via our test plugin, served by our server and it worked well. We also tried to authorized on our test Pinterest accounts on server that you use and they didn't work as well.
In that situation we can just recommend you to use another hosting provider.

Mar

Hello, Mar.

As far as I know, there are issues on your server. We authorized on your Pinterest account via our test plugin, served by our server and it worked well. We also tried to authorized on our test Pinterest accounts on server that you use and they didn't work as well.
In that situation we can just recommend you to use another hosting provider.
I have asked help from my hosting service, they were very helpful, tried everything but could not find anything in their end that could be the reason and to think that I was able to post in Pinterest with the same hosting service in the past. I've been pointed by Social Rabbit support everywhere, I did it all but nothing happened. I cannot imagine problem like this for a month now and no resolution in sight. You should resolve it, not making any excuses anymore, after all this is your product and I pay for it including the function for Pinterest. Again, its been a month now.

Nadezhda

Staff member
Mario, we communicated via skype before and manager Elena too for all I know. But nothing changes untill the server is the same.

Mar

Mario, we communicated via skype before and manager Elena too for all I know. But nothing changes untill the server is the same.
As I said I was able to post with Social Rabbit in Pinterest with the same server in the past, but still I tried to ask help from them. It is time to stop pointing to other parties now. There are many members in the forum who have the same hosting service as mine but I haven't heard the same issue. For now it is being ignored by Social Rabbit and wait for somebody else to resolve it.

Nadezhda

Staff member
But as was told before, Social Rabbit account, authorized on your Pinterest, works on another server and doesn't work on yours( as our test accounts). We don't ignore the issue and searching for the decision, but as it follows from the above that the issue is in server.

Mar

But as was told before, Social Rabbit account, authorized on your Pinterest, works on another server and doesn't work on yours( as our test accounts). We don't ignore the issue and searching for the decision, but as it follows from the above that the issue is in server.
I have stated this thing about the server here and in Social Rabbit Skype support. My hosting service support tried to help but can't find anything in their end. You cannot leave this issue unresolved for such a long time already because of this belief of the server.

Yaros

Staff member
I have stated this thing about the server here and in Social Rabbit Skype support. My hosting service support tried to help but can't find anything in their end. You cannot leave this issue unresolved for such a long time already because of this belief of the server.
For this moment we can't find anything on our end as well. Even tried with old versions of the plugin, still no success, will continue investigating the issue and testing on different servers.

Mar

For this moment we can't find anything on our end as well. Even tried with old versions of the plugin, still no success, will continue investigating the issue and testing on different servers.
Yaros, you mentioned about new methods to authorize applications like Twitter now, do you think it will help with this issue of Pinterest?

Yaros

Staff member
Yaros, you mentioned about new methods to authorize applications like Twitter now, do you think it will help with this issue of Pinterest?
We will install a new version of the plugin on your site asap to check Pinterest again. But I guess the problem is not with authorization method.

We will install a new version of the plugin on your site asap to check Pinterest again. But I guess the problem is not with authorization method.

The same thing happened to me. I kept on getting Pinterest authorisation failed. So, I cleared the browser history and cache, entered into incognito mode. Next, I logged in to my dashboard and logged out of Pinterest. On another tab I logged into Pinterest website. Finally, I was able to use social rabbit with pinterest by using my email address. For some reason, username doesnt work when logging in through social rabbit.

Hope this works for everyone.

Mar

The same thing happened to me. I kept on getting Pinterest authorisation failed. So, I cleared the browser history and cache, entered into incognito mode. Next, I logged in to my dashboard and logged out of Pinterest. On another tab I logged into Pinterest website. Finally, I was able to use social rabbit with pinterest by using my email address. For some reason, username doesnt work when logging in through social rabbit.

Hope this works for everyone.
My case is different, I have no problem in authorisation. Social Rabbit can't just pin in Pinterest.

My case is different, I have no problem in authorisation. Social Rabbit can't just pin in Pinterest.
Thats bad.

Hope you dont mind, can i ask if you have tried creating a different account to test it out? You seem not being able to pin so you seem to lose traffic here.

One other thing, are you hosting featured images on your server?

Last edited:

Mar

Thats bad.

Hope you dont mind, can i ask if you have tried creating a different account to test it out? You seem not being able to pin so you seem to lose traffic here.

One other thing, are you hosting featured images on your server?
I have tried using another Pinterest account, same thing is happening, I save featured images in the server.

I have tried using another Pinterest account, same thing is happening, I save featured images in the server.
Hi @Mar

Sorry for keeping on bothering you. This is the last one on this issue.

Can you check if you have your site verified on Pinterest? I read on an article somewhere that this has caused issues. It is best if you reverify it and see if the problem resolves.

Mar

Hi @Mar

Sorry for keeping on bothering you. This is the last one on this issue.

Can you check if you have your site verified on Pinterest? I read on an article somewhere that this has caused issues. It is best if you reverify it and see if the problem resolves.
My site is verified with Pinterest.

Mar

Yaros, my Social Rabbit is working with Pinterest now. I understand it was a complicated issue and it took time to resolve. Thanks for the hard work, I appreciate it.