Do not use GoDaddy! Do not make the same mistake + TIP HOST!

Awessu

I want to keep it brief. The IoncubeLoader that they have at GoDaddy is not compatible with AliDropShip and is outdated.
I had problems with the plugin and woocommerce in general for days

Godaddy DOES NOT GO with AliDropship and I am sure that most complaints come from this.

I recommend your SiteGround, using their support I have been able to use Alidropship plugin without ANY buggs so far.

Continue with the plugin developers, it's a good one!

I do think that the webdevelopers of AliDropship need to test web hosts have to stick out and have to test what does and does not, because I have to figure this out for myself (and it is a lot of headache) XD

Christina

Administrator
I want to keep it brief. The IoncubeLoader that they have at GoDaddy is not compatible with AliDropShip and is outdated.
I had problems with the plugin and woocommerce in general for days

Godaddy DOES NOT GO with AliDropship and I am sure that most complaints come from this.

I recommend your SiteGround, using their support I have been able to use Alidropship plugin without ANY buggs so far.

Continue with the plugin developers, it's a good one!

I do think that the webdevelopers of AliDropship need to test web hosts have to stick out and have to test what does and does not, because I have to figure this out for myself (and it is a lot of headache) XD

Hello, Awessu!

I'm really sorry that you have encountered the difficulties at GoDaddy.
We are working for our clients! Therefore we undoubtedly test any service, plugin or product before recommending it.
GoDaddy was tested as well. We didn't receive the similar complaints.

Did you probably try to activate the wrong php version?

Hey, I feel your frustration. I use GoDaddy myself, as it was the perfect option for me to start out (only $12 for domain and hosting for my first year). And I came across your exact problem...

The problem with your GoDaddy account and your website lies your PHP version and iONCubeLoader as you said.

First, did you make sure to enable ionCubeLoader? That's really important. If yes, check #2

Did you accidentally try to use PHP 7.1 and up?

For some reason the Alidropship plugin NEVER worked when I used PHP 7.1+. Only PHP options 5.6+ (which basically means 7.0, which is recommended) works. Not sure why. You will have to manually go into your cPanel , look for your PHP and change it to 7.0

But that's not all. If you find that the plugin has a "fail to load" error, here's what you need to do:

Go to Switch To PHP Options. Make the following edits to these options:

max_execution_time: 180
max_input_time: -1
memory_limit: 512M
post_max_size: 32M
short_open_tag: On
upload_max_filesize: 64M

After that, it worked just perfectly. So please don't rule out GoDaddy, I actually think it's relatively easy to maneuver

Alec

The default download it gives you when you purchase is not for php7.1+ and caused me problems when I tried to use since I use php 7.2.

Go to upgrades page on this site: https://alidropship.com/updates-plugin/

Select your php version in the list and you can get the version that will work.
Hope this helps.

Hey, I feel your frustration. I use GoDaddy myself, as it was the perfect option for me to start out (only $12 for domain and hosting for my first year). And I came across your exact problem...

Did you accidentally try to use PHP 7.1 and up?

For some reason the Alidropship plugin NEVER worked when I used PHP 7.1+. Only PHP options 5.6+ (which basically means 7.0, which is recommended) works. Not sure why. You will have to manually go into your cPanel , look for your PHP and change it to 7.0

After that, it worked just perfectly. So please don't rule out GoDaddy, I actually think it's relatively easy to maneuver

Direct Webstore

Hi, may I know what domain name host you use?
At the moment I use an Australian host called "Zuver" ... and although everything runs smoothly and support is great, I've discovered it's just too slow for U.S customers. So I'll be changing hosts soon. From research, the fastest hosts are Siteground, Inmotion, Hostgator and A2. I'm presently favouring Hostgator. You can use this link to test server speeds ... https://www.bitcatcha.com/report/

This is Hostgators report ... It gets an "A+ .. but so do the others I mentioned above. I'd really prefer Siteground, but they only provide 20gb storage and I have 7 sites. Hostgator has unmetred/unlimited storage. (and traffic)

Take note: 100ms is one second. (Your site loading speed however will depend on your site setup ... but server speed affects that a lot.)

hg.jpg

Last edited:

Mar

At the moment I use an Australian host called "Zuver" ... and although everything runs smoothly and support is great, I've discovered it's just too slow for U.S customers. So I'll be changing hosts soon. From research, the fastest hosts are Siteground, Imotion, Hostgator and A2. I'm presently favouring Hostgator. You can use this link to test server speeds ... https://www.bitcatcha.com/report/

This is Hostgators report ... It gets an "A+ .. but so do the others I mentioned above. I'd really prefer Siteground, but they only provide 20gb storage and I have 7 sites. Hostgator has unmetred/unlimited storage. (and traffic)

Take note: 100ms is one second. (Your site loading speed however will depend on your site setup ... but server speed effects that a lot.)

View attachment 5272
Good info. I am moving my site again soon. I am with Sitegound this time just because of the remaining months of my account with them. Testing Hostgator from my location, it is much faster than your data here. US (W) and US (E) is 11 ms and 12 ms respectively. Japan is only 205 ms. Siteground actually is below average. Siteground is very expensive with with low storage and database size limit.

Direct Webstore

Siteground is very expensive with with low storage and database size limit.
Yes. That's what rules it out for me. So Hostgator is the next best for me so far. I was thinking of A2, but I remember you and a couple of others complaining about it.

Alec

Direct Webstore

A $5/mo digitalocean droplet is faster than anything under 100$/mo from those you listed.
Also a lot of hassle. I've looked into VPS solutions and it's on the backburner as a possible future option ... but right now it's not really necessary.

pouria

Try https://fastcomet.com/
I love it, it's fast.
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 8.45.48 PM.png

This one is my tests. it was A+ tho. but without much optimizer etc. I have A. and the cool thing is look at the US and Sydney at the same time!!
It comes with free domain till u are using them, or free transfer ur old domain and once you are with them, you no need to pay the renewal cost of domain. still save 9-14$.

Direct Webstore

look at the US and Sydney at the same time!
Looks good .... will have to see where they are based. Probably have multiple servers in different locations ... maybe. :)

But like Mar's tests above .. I get different results ... but still pretty good.

pouria

Looks good .... will have to see where they are based. Probably have multiple servers in different locations ... maybe. :)

yup they do... I am in Malaysia, and use Singapore server but then, the support team told me to activate my DNS (or DSN,, whatever it is ) and I did it... i ask my friends in Europe and US to open my site.. and they all confirmed the speed.. :)