displaying posts/carousel in the homepage in da vinci theme

shai

Thanks for your help,

I am using Da Vinci theme and I would like to show my posts on the homepage.

In home page settings there this an option to switch between "your latest posts" instead of having "a static page" which currently shows my products.

I prefer not to touch this without getting an advice as I don't know the impact or if it is easily reversible.
what should happen if I change to latest post? will it also present products?

I also was trying to install posts carousel (I tried a couple of plugins) using shortcode placed on the "home" in customization but that didn't work.
should it work when using DaVinci theme?

thank you

shai

I managed to embed posts carousel over the Davinci theme main page, without impact on the default structure so now there are both the products categories (new arrivals best selling etc..) as usual and now also the posts carousel below.
But surely it will be nice to have this option embedded inside the theme :)

shai

If you see the carousel, it is embedded in the theme.
What I meant is that eventually I managed after several trial of different carousel plug-ins to install one that works with DaVinci theme...it is not part of the theme and it will be nice to update the theme to support showing both products and posts over the main page.
Thanks

Mar

What I meant is that eventually I managed after several trial of different carousel plug-ins to install one that works with DaVinci theme...it is not part of the theme and it will be nice to update the theme to support showing both products and posts over the main page.
Thanks
You mean a built in slider in the theme. There where requests for that, but it was not granted, since other themes for the original Alidropship plugin has sliders and you can always change your theme if you really want a slider. Alternatively, you can edit the code of the theme to have a slider, like what you are doing. The result is the same.