Coupons End Date

Direct Webstore

When I set a coupon to "Never Expire" ... why does it have an "End Date"?

coupon.jpg

I'm also unsure of the "Usage" ... If I set it to "1" ... is that one use "per customer" or one use in total. i.e Only ONE person can use it ... then I have to reset it again. Or if I set it to 100 uses, only 100 people can use it ... then reset it again. I hope not! I'd like to set it and forget it.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
When I set a coupon to "Never Expire" ... why does it have an "End Date"?

View attachment 3669

I'm also unsure of the "Usage" ... If I set it to "1" ... is that one use "per customer" or one use in total. i.e Only ONE person can use it ... then I have to reset it again. Or if I set it to 100 uses, only 100 people can use it ... then reset it again. I hope not! I'd like to set it and forget it.
Thank you for your feedback, we will fix End date coupon bug, as for usage limit, it counts only usage, so one person could apply this coupon several times.

Direct Webstore

as for usage limit, it counts only usage, so one person could apply this coupon several times.
That still does not make sense. I know it counts usage. "one person could apply this coupon several times" I don't get it. If I give them a 10% discount coupon for signing up to the newsletter ... they can use it "several times"???? What??

If I set the usage to "1" ... how many people can use it?

1. Just one person?
2. Or many people one time each?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
That still does not make sense. I know it counts usage. "one person could apply this coupon several times" I don't get it. If I give them a 10% discount coupon for signing up to the newsletter ... they can use it "several times"???? What??

If I set the usage to "1" ... how many people can use it?

1. Just one person?
2. Or many people one time each?

Answer: One person.

(If you set 5 in the field Coupon usage - it means that this coupon will be used 5 times (no matter 1 person do this or several) )

Direct Webstore

(If you set 5 in the field Coupon usage - it means that this coupon will be used 5 times (no matter 1 person do this or several) )

That's not a very good idea. 1 person could get 5 discounts and other people get nothing. I'm going to have to redesign all my discounting strategies ... or just not use it at all. :( It would be better if the site could detect the people's I.P and let them ALL use a coupon just once or whatever number of times you set.

Chris.Mc

That's not a very good idea. 1 person could get 5 discounts and other people get nothing. I'm going to have to redesign all my discounting strategies ... or just not use it at all. :( It would be better if the site could detect the people's I.P and let them ALL use a coupon just once or whatever number of times you set.

Any updates? It really doesn´t make sense at the moment. If I run an Instagram campaign, send messages to a new follower or use a code in my last abandoned cart mail, I would need ONE UNIQUE code for every single Insta user and e-mail, right?

Direct Webstore

I would need ONE UNIQUE code for every single Insta user and e-mail, right?

If you only wanted 1 person to be able to use a code 1 time ... yes.

Alternative 1: (What I used to do) Use one code and set it to 1000 uses and hope individuals don't discover they can use it more than once.

Alternative 2: (What I do now) Switch to the Alidropship WooCommerce version and use the Woo's built in coupon system which does not have this problem. You can make a coupon that never expires and can be set to as many uses you like per customer.

Chris.Mc

Alternative 2: (What I do now) Switch to the Alidropship WooCommerce version and use the Woo's built in coupon system which does not have this problem. You can make a coupon that never expires and can be set to as many uses you like per customer.

Thanks mate, think I´m going to give this a try.

Mar

Thanks mate, think I´m going to give this a try.
In woocommerce, you can restrict a buyer to use a discount coupon to only once for example. The system base on the payment method used by a guest user, the account to a logged in user. Very straight forward way to implement the rule.

Chris.Mc

In woocommerce, you can restrict a buyer to use a discount coupon to only once for example. The system base on the payment method used by a guest user, the account to a logged in user. Very straight forward way to implement the rule.

Thank you