Copyright Issues with Anime Fan Merch

aurelion

Hey guys, I'm a dropshipper from germany.

I would like to open another shop or buy one with the topic Anime Fan Merch to sell worldwide. Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Pokemon and so on .. Shirts, figures, accessories, all that crazy stuff what makes the fans happy!

But I'm unsure about copyright issues in this niche. There are also many such shops to buy in this niche. I know, for example, that the domain worldofharry.com (Harry Potter Fan Niche) has been very successful, but no longer exists because of copyright infringement.

For example, on AliExpress you can buy Dragon Ball Z figures from Bandai and Hasbro. Is this the real original stuff? Of course there are also whitelabel products.
What is the risk with such products that you get problems? Does anyone have experience with it or even their own shop in this niche?

There is not much information about copyright issues around there.

Thanks for any helpful answer! :)

Best regards

Rodrigo

Its kind of simple to look at, if you dont own the rights, or if you have not been granted the rights from the company or licensor, you shouldnt sell them.

"But there are a lot of people selling Dragon Ball, Naruto, and other items". Yes there are, that doesnt mean that its right, granted some of them might have permission or license, but probably a lot of them dont, its only a matter of time before they receive a seise and desist letter.

So, yes technically you could find the products in aliexpress and sell them, how much time you are able to sell them without problems depends (i think) on different factor and the laws on your country, or how popular you become.

thats my opinion.

aurelion

Its kind of simple to look at, if you dont own the rights, or if you have not been granted the rights from the company or licensor, you shouldnt sell them.

"But there are a lot of people selling Dragon Ball, Naruto, and other items". Yes there are, that doesnt mean that its right, granted some of them might have permission or license, but probably a lot of them dont, its only a matter of time before they receive a seise and desist letter.

So, yes technically you could find the products in aliexpress and sell them, how much time you are able to sell them without problems depends (i think) on different factor and the laws on your country, or how popular you become.

thats my opinion.

Yes you're right. I thank you very much for your answer!