Copyright Issues

Traddy Foree

Hi, your plugin is amazing and your story with worldofharry.com is unbelievable. I have just one problem to try a similar web shop. What is about copyright issues regarding the pictures and products on your web shop? Don't you think you can get problems with the right owners of harry potter one day?

Nimeskern

I think it's best to stay away from copyrighted products. It's tempting, because they are very popular specific products that are available and are targeted as well. Basically, pick any popular TV show or movie series and you can have a business. I wouldn't touch it, though, because I don't want the risk.

If you're going to do it...always be aware that someone can come knocking on your door on any given day with lawyers and shut you down immediately. You may not get caught ever, but it is a risk. And then, if one day you want to sell the business, who is going to want to buy a copyright risk business. Possible, but risky still.

There a hundreds of thousands of niches that can be profitable. Yes, thousands that do not involve copyright. More than anyone can could come up with here and more than enough to make us all rich. Do the research. Run the numbers. Don't be biased towards anything. Research, and don't be in a hurry. It's a business, not a quick scheme.

Put the right products in front of the right buyers at the right price and they'll make you filthy rich.

kristijan95

Just get that thing and kill it, don't fall for that bwah bwah copyright s*** everyone is talking about, you'll never know if you don't try and if it comes to some dispute or something like that, you'll just need to delete everything, no one is gonna sue you cause you're breaking copyrights.

P.S. I don't really know how everyone on ebay and aliexpress can sell copyrighted stuff and not been sued by years of selling! Stop talking and get to business!

destrovel

Just get that thing and kill it, don't fall for that bwah bwah copyright s*** everyone is talking about, you'll never know if you don't try and if it comes to some dispute or something like that, you'll just need to delete everything, no one is gonna sue you cause you're breaking copyrights.

P.S. I don't really know how everyone on ebay and aliexpress can sell copyrighted stuff and not been sued by years of selling! Stop talking and get to business!

Some countries actually enforce copyright. Anybody living in the USA, British Commonwealth or European Union will have a difficult time getting away with it for a long time.
Countries like China, Russia and South America are way less strict in enforcing.

kristijan95

Yes but for low traffic compared with official sites and niche related sites I don't think somebody will find you in that ocean of copyrights :D

merten

Still interesting though. On AE you can find br@nds with special codes. However there are so many niches out there with this stuff. Everything out there is some way or another copyright to something.

Still interesting though. On AE you can find br@nds with special codes. However there are so many niches out there with this stuff. Everything out there is some way or another copyright to something.

What is the best way to choose a product which doesn't have any copyright issues?

Rodrigo

I think that it may be a matter of luck and/or how big the company is, or if they see you as a "big company" they might think you are making tons of money and want a piece of the pie.

I had an amazon-affiliate site with a shopping cart with only products from an european sport brand. Its better known there than in the Americas. I had more twitter followers and likes than their own Americas account. They approached me a couple times before I received an cease and desist from them. Worst part is that I made almost nothing on that site, but still they saw me as a threat I guess.

youri

Hello

I receive this email from Paypal , i should to close my store ? or i continue ?

Dear

Thank you for choosing PayPal to send and receive payments for your transactions.

We are contacting you as we have received a report that your website xxx is currently infringing upon the intellectual property of xxx. Such infringement also violates PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy.

If you feel your sales do not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of xx, please complete the attached Objection to Infringement form. The completed form with your signature can be submitted via email to infringementreport@paypal.com or by fax to: 1-402-537-5774.

Once this requirement has been met we will review your account and the Objection to Infringement Report form to determine if further action is necessary.

If you do not choose to object to the report, you will need to do the following in order to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy and avoid the limitation or closure of your account:
- Remove PayPal as a payment option, as well as all references to PayPal, including the PayPallogo and/or shopping cart, from xxx .
- Submit the online Acceptable Use Policy affidavit.

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy.

Under the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction. This includes transactions for counterfeit items or unauthorized replicas or copies of items.

The complete Acceptable Use Policy can be found at the following URL:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help Center page here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help

For more information about the status of your account and for instructions on how to restore full use of your account, please log in to your PayPal account and select the "Resolution Center" link. On the next page select the "Resolve" button/s located under the Action column, in the Steps to Provide More Information section and follow the applicable instructions.

We encourage you to login and return your account to good standing as soon as possible.
Failure to respond by the following date will result in the further escalation of this issue: May 11, 2017​

Jeff Rose

Hello

I receive this email from Paypal , i should to close my store ? or i continue ?

What type of products are you selling? Do they infringe on someone else's copyright, trademark etc? If so, you should stop doing that. If that means you have no other products to sell, then close the store. If you have other products that are OK to sell, shift your focus.