License for staging site

Christina

Administrator
Greetings,

I have a staging site and would like to be able to pull in products, edit, etc.

The license key does not work for my staging site even though the root URL address remains the same.

Is there a way to get the Alidropship to work on a staging site?

My main site is: www.peacocknfinch.com
Staging site: www.peacocknfinch.com/sidestage

Hello, Hockeysmile!

You can use your license key for one site only. Please visit this thread, it might be helpfull for you.

Hockeysmile

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the reply. I read the thread, but nothing in it seems to provide a proper solution.

I really want to avoid maintenance mode as much as possible on my live site.

I suppose there are a couple of solutions here:

1. Work on my live site when I import products with the plugin. The problem here is that even when I upload new products to the 'import list,' they get published straight away. Is there a way to send products to draft via the plugin, rather than doing so manually? Do you have a function handy to make this possible?

2. I could buy another license for my staging site. Are there any potential pitfalls with this and does anybody else do it?

3. Activate the license for my staging site and deactivate on my live site. How would this effect the live site though? Would I have to do all order fulfillment via the staging site and constantly pull down from live?

I would really appreciate your advice on this. Is there a more elegant way to deal with this?

Thanks again for your help.

Christina

Administrator
Hi Christina,

Thanks for the reply. I read the thread, but nothing in it seems to provide a proper solution.

I really want to avoid maintenance mode as much as possible on my live site.

I suppose there are a couple of solutions here:

1. Work on my live site when I import products with the plugin. The problem here is that even when I upload new products to the 'import list,' they get published straight away. Is there a way to send products to draft via the plugin, rather than doing so manually? Do you have a function handy to make this possible?

2. I could buy another license for my staging site. Are there any potential pitfalls with this and does anybody else do it?

3. Activate the license for my staging site and deactivate on my live site. How would this effect the live site though? Would I have to do all order fulfillment via the staging site and constantly pull down from live?

I would really appreciate your advice on this. Is there a more elegant way to deal with this?

Thanks again for your help.

1) You should remember that you can see the imported products as published in your store if you are logged in WP as admin.

All imported products are in Import List and aren't published without your participation. The only way when a product from AliExpress is published is if you press Publish button in Edit.

1540873071632.png

2) You'd better to ask other forum members.

3) Your live site can't work.

computel

I'm in the same boat as you. I do sites and resell them but I can't do a non live site to show the customer before selling them and then purchasing a lic for alidropship. I have my own live store but can't make demo stores for my customers to see.

Hockeysmile

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification on the import list whilst logged in as admin - I did not know that. This is the solution that I will go with.

Thanks for your pleasant response!

Regards,

Jesse.