Facebook Login Error - Need Help!

finderskeepers

So, I am done with most of the technical setup for my web store and my fiance suggested I should also have social logins as no one these days want to fill up a form. Fair enough, checked the Facebook authorization in the help section and created the app however it shows me error every time I try to login with facebook.

1. My wp login screen displays the FB login icon

FB Login Screen.png

2. The basic settings for my store app.

Basic.png

3. The client auth setting page. The help section shows this link - (yoursitename.com/userlogin/?social-login=facebook) should go in valid auth box

Client Auth.png

4. My app is live on FB

App Live.png

5. However, when I try to login with social login from the login page, this is the error I get:

FB Login Error.png

****Kindly let me know what am I doing wrong to set this up if you are actively using a FB social login on your store.

Mar

So, I am done with most of the technical setup for my web store and my fiance suggested I should also have social logins as no one these days want to fill up a form. Fair enough, checked the Facebook authorization in the help section and created the app however it shows me error every time I try to login with facebook.

View attachment 3847

View attachment 3849

3. The client auth setting page. The help section shows this link - (yoursitename.com/userlogin/?social-login=facebook) should go in valid auth box

View attachment 3850

4. My app is live on FB

View attachment 3851

5. However, when I try to login with social login from the login page, this is the error I get:

View attachment 3848

****Kindly let me know what am I doing wrong to set this up if you are actively using a FB social login on your store.
Have you setup Social Media in Customization? Admin Dashboard>Customization>Social Media. You need to fill the fields. Also the "Valid OAuth Redirect" field, change it to your site URL.

finderskeepers

Have you setup Social Media in Customization? Admin Dashboard>Customization>Social Media. You need to fill the fields. Also the "Valid OAuth Redirect" field, change it to your site URL.

What has social media in customization to do with valid oauth not working. Both are different. One is for the display on homepage and the other allows user to login with their social credentials on the login page. The valid oauth redirect field has my domain name and not the demo one. I think post Facebook update on pausing app review is what is causing this problem. Never had an issue before with creating facebook login for other pages.

Mar

What has social media in customization to do with valid oauth not working. Both are different. One is for the display on homepage and the other allows user to login with their social credentials on the login page. The valid oauth redirect field has my domain name and not the demo one. I think post Facebook update on pausing app review is what is causing this problem. Never had an issue before with creating facebook login for other pages.
Not the demo one? you mean the screenshot you posted is not the actual setting? How can people help in that case?

Mar

The valid oauth link for my facebook setting is - https://mydomain.com/userlogin/?social-login=facebook however, it's not working. This is what I am trying to explain.
I used to have problems with my Facebook application. Alidropship support helped. I even add them as an administrator of the application to give them full access. They solved the problem and I saw some of my setup was changed, one is the Valid OAuth Redirect. It is really up to you, but definitely your setup will not work.

finderskeepers

I used to have problems with my Facebook application. Alidropship support helped. I even add them as an administrator of the application to give them full access. They solved the problem and I saw some of my setup was changed, one is the Valid OAuth Redirect. It is really up to you, but definitely your setup will not work.

How do I get Alidropship to fix this problem for me. Through the website or forum?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

View attachment 3847

View attachment 3849

View attachment 3850

4. My app is live on FB

View attachment 3851

View attachment 3848

Hello, could you please send me a pm with your WP login details?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I am having same issue. Somebody please help me
Please make sure you have the correct link added to Valid OAuth redirect URIs. it should look like this: yoursitename.com/userlogin/?social-login=facebook. Also, you might want to check if you've toggled 'Client OAuth Login' and 'Web OAuth Login' on.
Please let me know if the issue persists.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Direct Webstore

They are not my concern right now.

You're right ... it's probably not the biggest problem. But I can see one HUGE problem that is more of a concern, but seeing as your store is live ... I'd be attending to at least making it look good first and worry about Social logins later. But it still won't help much with the "HUGE" problem.

But up to you. :)

Anyway ... there IS no problem. I just logged into your site via Facebook (markcjmoran) and I don't have Admin rights. You should log out, clear your browser cache and cookies for your site and log in again with a different Facebook account. You fiance's maybe. Or make a fake one for testing.

You can delete the markcjmoran user now if you like ... I don't want to buy any jewelry ... lol :)

Last edited:
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

My domain clearly uses https://www so as directed, I have fixed this but now a new issue has come. :::: """" when a user is trying to log in with Facebook, they get the administrative rights of my WordPress."""
Please follow the above piece of advice and let me know if the issue persists.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ok, my login with facebook issue is resolved 100%. Thank you, everyone. Actually, In my WordPress, I had set for the new user to become admin instead of the customer.

I have a new problem now... Login with google... when user login... my webpage is getting redirected and I get an HTTP403 Error

View attachment 6027
We're looking into the issue at the moment. I'll let you know once it's resolved.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ok, my login with facebook issue is resolved 100%. Thank you, everyone. Actually, In my WordPress, I had set for the new user to become admin instead of the customer.

I have a new problem now... Login with google... when user login... my webpage is getting redirected and I get an HTTP403 Error

View attachment 6027
Do you have ModSecurity activated on your server? Please try deactivating it.
I've turned it off on my test website and it solved the authorization problem.